Where Is Fisher On The Impulse?

It will soon be 3 years since I first learned of the FTP acquisition of the Manta project and hiring Alexandre Tartar and his team. Since then, I have posted everything I have learned of the project outside of details which I cannot share. 

Currently, I can truthfully say that I know no more than any of you about a likely product release date. I am confident that it will be released, but at this point I am not even asking for any updated information. It will happen when it happens and we will know more when FTP marketing tells us about it.

Meanwhile, we wait.

• Like 1

If nothing else, there is 1 Impulse AQ out there. 

Unique machine to have in your detector collection. 

How much could hand tuning a coil tweak the price up . . . ??

rich 

I've had money saved for awhile for this machine. I'm now to the point that I don't care that much about it anymore. There's been so much talk about it over the last few years that it's actually old news at this point, most of the excitement for me is over. If it gets released, great I'll most likely still get one at some point, if not, I'm sure something else will come out I can spend my money on.  Maybe Minelab will come out with a lightweight waterproof GPX that does well both inland and on the beach. I think I'd rather have a multipurpose PI anyway.

• Like 2

And this is why I got the Whites TDI BeachHunter almost 2 years ago. An actual unit in an actual box with actual performance. I feel the performance of the AQ probably wasn’t going to surpass that of the TDIBH but was going to “have to cost” at least twice as much.........and that would have dire consequences. I just have this bad feeling about the whole AQ project.
...............and I genuinely hope I am completely wrong with everything I have just said !

In the mean time, my TDIBH is sniffing out gold way down in that lovely deep layer of compacted shell and fine limestone. Don’t sit on the fence deciding or waiting what to use......get the best you can today

• Like 3

My hopes were Santa was going to show up with one. Then I thought for sure by the end of January and now I feel as if it was all a dream.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 5:36 AM, PPP said:

HI guys!

It feels very good that this nice forum is at high speed with all discussions about the AQ with all different subjects about the AQ.We are now in the middle of january and still nothing from the Fisher.No reports from any tester, no videos, no manual, nada...it feels kind of depressing without knowing any informations at all.I know that LE.JAG and Alexander can't say anything about these informations even though the know for sure.Is there any thought or any guesses about these questions? 

I find it very depressing to, checking into detectorprospector every couple of days to see if there is new information,  but like you said NADA.

Fisher please shape up, and show us if you are still alive !

On 2/3/2020 at 4:05 AM, PPP said:

HI!

Is there anyone out there with some update or news about the AQ? It is now February for God sake!

Maybe Fisher made an error and instead of 2020 for the launch date they mend 2021, looks that we are heading that way!

5 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

Rich, if you mean mine, it went back. They had to change some stuff to get CE certification and they didn’t want any non-conforming units “in the wild”.

Yep, I've been following what now seems to be season 3 of "The Manta". I'm expecting that you will eventually get it back, being that you've already paid for it. 😬

Rich