Where Is Fisher On The Impulse?

18 hours ago, vive equinox said:

The silence of Alexandre and Lejag inpires me nothing good..

the project is give up ? 

Maybe it was just a dream and it evaporated into thin air !!

It's still out there. . . . .    👍  and coming this way. 

Crossing the t's, dotting the i 's , all important things. Especially with the water hunters, tough crowd.  

Rich - 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 5:46 AM, phrunt said:

I had a look at their website, it's like stepping back in time 10 years.  Even the Customer finds section hasn't been updated in many years

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/finds-news.htm

At least Steve gets a mention 🙂

I've done the same thing...And appeared to me like was an abandoned web domain...Jeez....2020 and it seem like '90stuff.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:09 PM, Rick Kempf said:
One happy result of the seemingly endless process of getting the mechanical package, production process and certifications done in El Paso is that Alexandre has been constantly pushing the boundaries of what the AQ is capable of. In the MANY months of slow progress towards full production, he has made multiple improvements in circuitry etc., resulting in a series of progressively improved boards, culminating in the released for production version.

Here is part of an email I got from him late last year as a result of asking him to comment on statements on another forum that there was no way a PI could operate at 7microsec. delay in salt water....

“I have reduced noise by 90% with a new electronic system (he is referring to the issued for production version) and I have reduced variations due to seawater conductivity. A variation in conductivity due to salt at 15µs of pulse delay on a FOSTER (the TDI is of course is an Eric Foster design) is equivalent to a variation at 8 µs on the IMPULSE AQ in terms of stability and salt conductivity compensation.”

Other results I am aware of as a result of this continuous evolution of the design are - reduced depth penalty for using higher levels of iron ID, expanded range of low conductor acceptance to include higher carat gold acceptance when using iron ID and a completely new mode of operation for Volcanic Sand and other extreme conditions which would totally shut down a VLF and many PI’s

This was actually my doubt too...Glad someone other asked for a pulse delay update regarding salt underwater use...

With a good drift noise reduction and a stable threshold I'll feel a lot better.....just remain me to...WAIT

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Well, they used a business to make their webpage that seems very amateur in itself, the place they used to make their website has an even more basic website marketing their web services than Fishers and it even has spelling mistakes on it 🙂   Such a simple website for professional web developers and Fishers was just made using a template from http://allwebco-templates.com/

And the developers site is https://www.apex-ephemera.com/design.htm

Very due for an overhaul I think, especially with things like the website being Copyright 2009 🙂

And lines like NEW! 2016 Interactive Catalog

It's using Flash too which lots of web browsers have been blocking by default for some time now for security reasons mostly so it's "fancy bits" don't even work. 

In this day and age a proper website is important, the overseas competitors are more aware of this.  One of the employees at Fishers kids could knock them up a good website in a day or so to replace the outdated one.

it seems they were on a budjet🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

Things are progressing. Can’t say more, but it is a fact.

The challenge with a statement like this, is that the same could be said two years ago when, one year ago, six months ago, etc. 

It's a great teaser statement, but beyond that......ehhh...... I can't say more than that 🙂

Perhaps "things are progressing" is intended to reassure us that things aren't going backwards ( because some problem has occurred etc ) and they haven't stagnated ( because of bureaucracy/legal/paperwork/Wu-Flu blahblah ).?

I would like to ask Rick if he will again be the first recipient of a machine ( his own one?), or if he expects to now be just another customer, and get it much the same time as every other customer ?