Where Is Fisher On The Impulse?

A year ago I was sure First Texas was going to be the company to beat and that all the signs and ingredients were there to suggest this. Engineers with experience in pulse and multifrequency, new state of the art facility, and little bread crumbs left from sales and marketing implying that what is coming is not only imminent, but featuring a checklist of peripheral tech and game changing base tech. I ate it up myself because I wanted it to be true, mostly out of patriotism if I'm being honest. I want the best to come from America. 

A year later the blinders are coming off. I'm beginning to get the sense that there's a combination of variables that leave a great deal of doubt about the company's judgment, ability and/or priority to deliver on these visions of game changing or revolutionary technology.

First, the new facility is not necessarily centered around producing or manufacturing metal detecting technology. It seems to be more about manufacturing boards for other companies for a variety of functions.

Second, judgment. First Texas never caught on to the trend toward all terrain/waterproof and wireless. Rather than integrate those features into even existing platforms we were told, ah you people never use machines in the water anyway, plus they dramatically increase cost and make a heavy metal detector. This persisted even after Garrett continued to pull in money hand over fist on the AT line, which continues to this day actually. Then the equinox was a wild success and now so is the Anfibio and Simplex. First Texas has passed up on a vertible gold mine just updating/waterproofing existing units, while telling us we don't need what we want. This may tell us as much about priority as it does judgment. 

I don't think I've heard a reason for no built in wireless headphones, but if the Impulse is an indication they will still be behind the times in this, power sourcing and at home updates (which actually might help get product at least out the door. In 2020 we accept updates and bug fixes to our devices as par for the course and the price of admission to the cutting edge.)

The excuse I've heard for lack of at home updates is the port would make counterfeiting easier. Funny, others are obviously not concerned about this and that excuse doesn't pass the smell test anyway as a port makes it only marginally more convenient to a determined hacker. Even funnier is that for a product to be counterfeited, first you'd have to make a product desirable enough to be counterfeited First Texas seems to be spending more time suing counterfeiters over 10+ year old machines than cranking out new ones if this tells you where they are at in 2020. 

As an aside, the cloak and dagger paranoia around product development at American companies is mystifying for the same reason. It's like the kid who is struggling through advanced calculus bending into contortions to hide his test answers from the valdictorians who are busily cranking out answers, handing in grade A work and paying him no mind. Some of the silence I get is understandable. Much of it is counterproductive. That goes to judgment as well. 

Lastly, lack of ability. I want to believe this is least likely the problem. Yet, we are seeing new/improved/updated machines coming left and right. Nokta-Makro has shown you can be innovative enough with existing tech and that it doesn't take that long to do if the drive and priority is there. It's gotta hurt that they've done it in part emulating some of First Texas' own product, then (seemingly) surpassing them as a baseline, and then enticing their only well known and well groomed YouTube promoter away to promote NM products instead. Everything we've been told couldn't or shouldn't be done has been done successfully by others. A paradigm shift needs to occur somewhere it seems to me. The only person that seems to care about this enough is Carl. If it weren't for him they wouldn't even have a pinpointer in contention. 

In any case, none of this is to be rude, just tough love. I want First Texas to kick some butt. Hope they have it in them. Many of us are losing the faith. If this is posted in an improper thread I apologize. I just felt compelled to say it based on what I read here.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I read the previous post....

Brevity is the soul of wit.

the AQ will be launched - sooner or later;

It will do exactly what it is supposed to do - recover more gold jewelry at salt water beaches than any previous detector ....

Or it won’t.

As far as whatever FTP will will not introduce - I have mo knowledge.

Till then, more words don’t add more knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Nobody is blaming you Rick. You've done more than anyone would expect you to I'm sure. Your answer illustrates exactly what is going on that we are concerned about. The product is coming and will do amazing things, or maybe it won't. Brevity is often just what it is, lack of information or confidence. What's going on does not seem the result of a witty, esoteric master plan or game of 3D chess. My concern reaches beyond this particular release for which enough may have been said at this point, and into the entire line. I think it's a valid concern many of us have. Turning it back at those who feel this way just comes off as gaslighting. 

• Like 2

Time frame for product introduction .... Impulse... has been established ..
...Carl Moreland defined it and specified it for up to six months .......

And that's not too much of a time ... let's not forget Fisher can work on developing some new detection products at the same time. What I would consider a rational step ...

For example.......... before the time mentioned  new Fisher F-50 ...

However,

This also applies to the new design standard and technical capabilities of a modern metal detector....

The manufacturer should also respond to this....in an appropriate manner...

• Like 1

Carl also predicted ....... Dec.... then Feb or Mar.   Here we are.    With the current situation in China...... that could hinder anything coming from there.  Im also getting the feeling the first run is going to be small..... and maybe just in the US if things dont get worked out for EU.   Will Amazon be the BIG distributor on this one?  

11 minutes ago, JohnnyRox said:

A lil birdie told me the release date is soon.  23 days from today to be exact.  😉

So...April 2nd to see an official launch video somewhere?🤔

11 minutes ago, JohnnyRox said:

Just noticed my post got posted up at midnight.  So I had to edit it.  lol

Just hope this will be the real day for the machine launch. As I already writed an article on it (thanks to Rick and Steve permission)and is time to make it real for all those that are waiting this miracle.🤐