Where Is Fisher On The Impulse?

Nobody is implying malice Rick. Just don't try selling an old hand like me all all the puppies, sunshine, and flowers innocence routine. Business is business, nothing to be ashamed of. Like you said - reality.

Honestly it seems like you are a little sensitive on the subject. 

Of course I am sensitive on the subject. I have ambitions to be the premier seller of the Impulse line in North America. I hope ambition is not unfashionable.

I disclosed some time ago on this forum that my “cheerleader” status was undergoing a further evolution - to hopefully a commercial interest in the success of the Impulse line of PI machines which FTP is now developing.

I was “hooked’ after I had contact with Alexandre, the designer. I believe that the has made a useful contribution to the art - I look forward to further developments.

None of this is “cast in bronze” I wasn’t kidding when I said that I did not know what FTP’s eventual plans for the release and marketing of the AQ and later Impulse products are in any detail. I do, however have reasonable hopes of being able to play a part - in a commercial way.

P.S. - no puppies or flowers - too hard to ship!

Steve, I think there are not many people who can afford a 2,500 dollar detector, here in Europe it will be worth € 3,000, imagining that you have a problem and send it back to Texas, it is 3 months between coming and going !!!

I am seriously thinking if I will really buy it, even if they have already tried it, if I am convinced I will buy it, considering that my use will be exclusively under salt water, that if I try to always give it proper maintenance.

Daniel, the design team is in Europe - the origin of the device is there. I am reasonably confident that Fisher will figure out that this thing sells fast in Europe - where beach detecting can find gold jewelry back to Ancient times!

Patience - they are having a hard time figuring out if they just blew a couple of million dollars on a niche machine or whether they have “a tiger by the tail”.

FTP isn’t a major business - it is closely held - no stockholders to satisfy - but they are “playing with their own money”. They are VERY careful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdmOVejUlI

The longest version I could find was only 10 hrs. -

Still hanging in there.     When the wait on the Impulse is over - and circumstances allow,  we need to get all of us poor hopeful souls together at some sandy ocean beach - I'm ok with France. 

rich -

It looks that way.

I doubt that large scale production will be an issue - hand labor isn’t terribly expensive in El Paso. The issue is to ensure that the production process is well defined, documented and executed. I suspect that they have spent a good part of the last 18 months or so sorting that out.

We’ll see.