Where Is Fisher On The Impulse?

Hopefully with a product such as the AQ... Quality Control will be on the top of their list, especially if coil windings are done by hand.

Good considering Rick's comments "that they are not terribly expensive" I understand and considering that he has privileged information, it will be high pressure.

if that supposed long list of possible buyers will be reduced, because this detector will be for use by users who already handle detectors and understand the functionality.

Does it scare me that they have spent 2 million of their own financing? I understand that it will not be for mass manufacturing! otherwise the numbers would not appear

If the machine works as well as proclaimed, I would rather be one of the few on the beaches that I frequent to have one. Not walk onto the beach at 6AM and see 5 other people swinging the same detector as we are seeing in many places. Now FT on the other hand might think differently about that! LOL

• Like 2

On 4/16/2020 at 2:50 PM, okara gold said:

If the machine works as well as proclaimed, I would rather be one of the few on the beaches that I frequent to have one. Not walk onto the beach at 6AM and see 5 other people swinging the same detector as we are seeing in many places. Now FT on the other hand might think differently about that! LOL

I feel right now I have a big advantage over the local hunters in several ways, knowledge of the beach's, the experience hunting them, and maybe the biggest is the machine I use and the skill level of using it.........If the Fisher "AQ" is as Hot as LE Jag says I see my competition making a major leap on their ability to find gold. I agree okara gold, last thing I want to see is another hunter with the "AQ". 

Hate to say it but it would be like these head lines! ☹️ August/Sept  1949 

33a9bc133719e78c53d5a9e8ad1a7c27.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Joe. If I were you I wouldn’t want to see anyone in my honey holes with any kind of machine. 😆 Many of us know about your great success in finding the old and forgotten swimming areas. I’m sure there’s a lot of people who would just love to find out where you hunt. You sure encourage a lot of us and if the AQ lives up to its name I’ll bet you’ll dig up some great finds in your hunted out areas. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, Rick Kempf said:

I doubt that large scale production will be an issue - hand labor isn’t terribly expensive in El Paso. The issue is to ensure that the production process is well defined, documented and executed. I suspect that they have spent a good part of the last 18 months or so sorting that out.

We’ll see.

Hey Rick, did you get your AQ back from Fisher?

Yes, it was replaced with one which meets all the CE (European) requirements.

Sadly,  no beach tests possible with this plague on. I am using it to familiarize myself with  all  the modes and controls. I have been asked to comment on the draft user manual and am working on that.

• Like 7

As far a I know, there were issues with  the CE rating - they hadn’t been  careful  enough with material selection for the mechanical package. In addition, the initial testing for the US FCC spurious emissions testing from the control box was  not successful.

The other  change was tha the “bought in” headphones were dropped and replaced with an in-house design.

With the current imposed delay, they are taking a hard look at  various bits  and  pieces. The initial production  batch is “kitted” but not  assembled as far as I can tell - so they have  the opportunity to have a look. One big  advantage of “”in-house”  production,  Contracting  out to - for example Plexus or some other Far  East “fab” might make last minute changes very difficult.