Where Is Fisher On The Impulse?

It is just getting to be old news with a lot of companies that don't communicate. In an age where communication is at it's easiest, they do not take advantage of it. The internet makes things sound rude and curt sometimes, so they opt out of updating. But what else can we do but complain??? It's been a long journey and coming from a company that has not been the best in delivering their newest products, we are leery of this one as well. I am 50/50 on purchasing one (I was 100% prior). This is if I can even get my hands on one. If Minelab comes out with something similar or better, I'm sticking with them. Minelab is due to replace the Excalibur, hopefully with a discriminating, waterproof PI unit. As time drags on my interest in waiting for Fishers machine will dwindle to zero. In reality they really don't care if they lose my business anyways, so I will go with whomever actually can deliver the product I want in a reasonable time frame. Brand loyalty is out the window due to these ways of promoting products you can not deliver on. In my area we are not allowed to do beaches after Memorial day thru Labor day. So a release in summer does me no good.

• Like 2

Personally I think ML did replace the Xcal ... at least for many.  Very few water hunters dive... and use a detector.  So the obvious update was a quality wader.  We asked for a machine we could Change the phones and coils on, we wanted it lighter, faster, able to pick up deeper and smaller gold, cheaper better warranty than the 1 year, fewer repairs or mods needed.  We got it at half the price if you did mods and 3X the warranty..... and service improved 1000%.  So unless you really dive .... which 95% of beaches don’t I think they gave us what we wanted.... and a bit more with Bluetooth and magnetic charging.   If you dive.... especially very deep the Xcal might not have been you choice either.... especially to 200 ft.  However.... is it time for them to design a dive ready PI .... yes

• Like 4

On 4/19/2020 at 4:49 PM, dewcon4414 said:

Personally I think ML did replace the Xcal ... at least for many.  Very few water hunters dive... and use a detector.  So the obvious update was a quality wader.  We asked for a machine we could Change the phones and coils on, we wanted it lighter, faster, able to pick up deeper and smaller gold, cheaper better warranty than the 1 year, fewer repairs or mods needed.  We got it at half the price if you did mods and 3X the warranty..... and service improved 1000%.  So unless you really dive .... which 95% of beaches don’t I think they gave us what we wanted.... and a bit more with Bluetooth and magnetic charging.   If you dive.... especially very deep the Xcal might not have been you choice either.... especially to 200 ft.  However.... is it time for them to design a dive ready PI .... yes

Perfectly explained!

As a diver, I'm really bored of a too old board like the Excal.

Actually I sold a couple of them 7 years ago to replace with a Ctx.

I hate it, I love it...I need it waterproof for real!

Vlf or pulse is not that vital, but come on Minelab! We are a damn neglected race.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, Rick Kempf said:

Yes, it was replaced with one which meets all the CE (European) requirements.

Sadly,  no beach tests possible with this plague on. I am using it to familiarize myself with  all  the modes and controls. I have been asked to comment on the draft user manual and am working on that.

Any updates Rick?  How's the AQ doing bro?

On 25/4/2020 at 21:09, Skullgolddiver said:

Perfectamente explicado!

Como buzo, estoy realmente aburrido de un tablero demasiado viejo como el Excal.

En realidad, vendí un par de ellos hace 7 años para reemplazarlos por un Ctx.

Lo odio, me encanta ... ¡Lo necesito a prueba de agua de verdad!

Vlf o pulso no es tan vital, ¡pero vamos Minelab! Somos una raza malditamente descuidada.

excuse me but what is the ML?

1 hour ago, danielbecerra said:

excuse me but what is the ML?

ML = Minelab Maybe??

• Like 1