Where Is Fisher On The Impulse?

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Sounds like hype to convince people to preorder if I ever heard it. “Give us your money or lose your place in line and wait forever” is a game as old as the ages with retailers. I’d say just the opposite. Unless you are 100% certain you don’t mind being a test pig and all that entails, hold back a bit on this one for reports from people you trust.

Couldn't agree more Steve.

3 hours ago, abenson said:

From what I've heard...

To whom are you listening?

3 hours ago, danielbecerra said:

I think (Fisher Labs) have been very rude and ungrateful to their clients....

I'd like to hear how they've been rude and ungrateful.  Would you please elaborate?

• Like 1

I am your client, I have 3 cz21, I have helped a lot with the sale of detectors, about 30 to clients who were going to buy excalibur, I have sent emails through continental distributors and they do not have the smallest detail of responding in what state it is, they make a fair in Germany where they teach it and comment that in 6 months it will be for sale, then other totally different images are published, they know that there are many people who look forward to this detector, out of respect they would have to give some official information, because all the that we look at this forum we have the same sport, and we need a detector to do it

Fisher is not accepting pre-orders. If some European dealer is doing so, it is without  their cooperation.

The plant in El Paso is under a shut down order from the El  Paso mayor.

No US dealer  has been notified  of any specific plans for launch of the AQ and I would be very surprised if any of them  are soliciting pre-orders without knowing when it will be  launched, how it will be marketed and what it will sell  for.

There is credible information that the initial batch will be limited and it may  well be that the production rate is kept low until the real size of the market is known.

I know for a fact that none of this is being done to create “hype”  or to maximize the sales price of the AQ. How do I know? Recent  conversations with senior leadership at First  Texas  Products.

• Like 5

Hello Rick, nobody has asked me for money for a pre-order, it is more or they have not mentioned it to me, only that this information that you manage and I do not doubt, I would like it to be delivered by my official distributor, and at the price that have in the market will be the choice of each if you buy it or not, I share much rl Steve's thought, no cere test pig! Even more in Europe, everything American is more expensive, what I have gives me excellent results.

Yeah, it's all completely innocent. Nobody has any interest at all in getting people primed up to buy this detector. I'll bet not one dealer out there has any names on a list of potential Impulse buyers just waiting to get in line. :laugh: Whether taking a pre-order now, or paving the way to have people lined up to place those pre-orders, it's all the same game.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Steve, I think there are not many people who can afford a 2,500 dollar detector, here in Europe it will be worth € 3,000, imagining that you have a problem and send it back to Texas, it is 3 months between coming and going !!!

I am seriously thinking if I will really buy it, even if they have already tried it, if I am convinced I will buy it, considering that my use will be exclusively under salt water, that if I try to always give it proper maintenance.

Think what you want of Fisher, there may be some dealer with folks bugging them about the AQ -  perhaps he will start a list - perhaps even take deposits - it’s a reality - the thing exists. At some point it will hit the market. Folks will do what they can to put food on the table by running something as unfashionable as a detector dealership - a rapidly diminishing trade.

Recent actions by other manufacturers were carefully planned official pre-release publicity and information releases - well in advance of availability to the general public of hardware. Is this bad? I certainly read a lot of online complaints about the delay and difficulty of getting some recently released - but in very short supply - hardware.

Is Fisher somehow guilty of something because they are officially saying nothing until they have something to sell?

I know it sucks that all of us got fired up THREE YEARS AGO because the Manta existed - worked fine - and had been acquired by first Texas Products. Hell, I was (and perhaps am still) the head cheerleader. 

Sorry everybody (including me) is frustrated and complaining about a bad case of “innovation interruptus” - but that’s just the way it went down. No malice, no sleight of hand, not even any official hype.

When it’s ready. It will be released - how many - by what means of distribution and marketing - nobody except FTP management knows (and I’m not sure that they have decided yet)>