From that I can see the T2 Classic is insanely over priced in comparison to the Vanquish 540 Pro Pack with two coils and wireless headphones for the same price but with better performance.  Teknetics can't be purchased in NZ anymore and it looks like in the past couple of months the local Fisher dealer has collapsed too 😞  it was only a couple of months ago I made a purchase from them yet today the website just errors and they have disappeared off Google search.   http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/ 

My last discussion with them sort of indicated that was coming but it's no surprise... nobody was buying them anymore.  It'd be very difficult for anything but the leading brand to do well in our small market.

It will be interesting to see what price point the Impulse ends up being once it hits the shelves, I expect quite high due to the cost and difficulty of manufacturing.  If it's in a class of it's own the price will be justified. 

• Like 2

The whole system of geography exclusive distribution agreements is collapsing. The right to sell X in region Y is toast.  World wide distribution and online sales from Amazon and the likes have doomed that, I expect that the Minelab agent in NZ is doing OK for now.

It is an old fashioned system based on limited communication and limited payment systems. It will die.

The future is either Amazon or the like or a sort of “concierge” system of low friction but high support seller to buyer arrangement. 

• Like 2

I quite like the Teknetics direct idea where you can buy direct from the manufacturer.  I like it more than Amazon or Ebay as they should technically be able to far better pricing with no commission. 

For example, GB_Amateur just posted about the Teknetics T2 Classic at that sporting goods store for $500 USD, same price as the Vanquish Pro Pack with 2 coils and wireless headphones.  At Teknetics Direct you can get this package for $549.  That's far more competitive with the Vanquish with the extras, It even has the T2+ over the Classic so you get Boost mode and so on.

• T2+ metal detector
  • Tek-Point waterproof pinpointer
  • Digger 12" carbon steel digging knife
  • Free refurb. certificate with transferable and extended warranty
  • Like 4

Nobody can beat Amazon for delivering exactly what you have chosen in a day or so and at a rock bottom price. And if you want to return, just take it (boxed up or not) to UPS, they scan a QR code Amazon gave you and your money is back on your card.

Nobody can compete with that - it’s retail Godzilla.

But there is “concierge” service still viable. Offer advice, guidance, near equal rights of return (maybe with a modest restocking charge) - after all I don’t have Bezos’ billions - and unmatchable reach back to not only the producer, but the designer.

That’s my plan for the AQ if FTP lets me play in their “pool”.

• Like 3

Perhaps they have said all they can and now it is totally in the hands of First Texas. But... LE Jag did mention another video forthcoming ... 

18 hours ago, vive equinox said:

The silence of Alexandre and Lejag inpires me nothing good..

the project is give up ? 

Maybe it was just a dream and it evaporated into thin air !!

It's still out there. . . . .    👍  and coming this way. 

Crossing the t's, dotting the i 's , all important things. Especially with the water hunters, tough crowd.  

Rich - 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 5:46 AM, phrunt said:

I had a look at their website, it's like stepping back in time 10 years.  Even the Customer finds section hasn't been updated in many years

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/finds-news.htm

At least Steve gets a mention 🙂

I've done the same thing...And appeared to me like was an abandoned web domain...Jeez....2020 and it seem like '90stuff.

• Haha 1

Well, they used a business to make their webpage that seems very amateur in itself, the place they used to make their website has an even more basic website marketing their web services than Fishers and it even has spelling mistakes on it 🙂   Such a simple website for professional web developers and Fishers was just made using a template from http://allwebco-templates.com/

And the developers site is https://www.apex-ephemera.com/design.htm

Very due for an overhaul I think, especially with things like the website being Copyright 2009 🙂

And lines like NEW! 2016 Interactive Catalog

It's using Flash too which lots of web browsers have been blocking by default for some time now for security reasons mostly so it's "fancy bits" don't even work. 

In this day and age a proper website is important, the overseas competitors are more aware of this.  One of the employees at Fishers kids could knock them up a good website in a day or so to replace the outdated one.

• Like 1