Floating Screens / Sieves

Wow, perfect timing for lots of great ideas for me! I need to build a sifter to use fossil and shark tooth hunting in the Peace River on the west side of Florida. Hope to find a Meg tooth(a Bucket Lister)😊

3 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

Wow, perfect timing for lots of great ideas for me! I need to build a sifter to use fossil and shark tooth hunting in the Peace River on the west side of Florida. Hope to find a Meg tooth(a Bucket Lister)😊

Got $30? the original Matlock sifter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0749P51QM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

is intended for that very purpose. It's 15x15" total, with 11x11" sifter space. Extremely light and comes with the rope and carabiner. If you're not going to wave a detector or pinpointer over it, the galvanized 1/4" mesh wouldn't be a problem. If you are going to use it for metal detecting, you'd have to do something similar to what I did. ☺ If ya don't like blue it comes in a bunch of colors. Shoulda got red for the Equinox but that's not one of them. 😉 I got 3mm Ballistic nylon for the strength and tiny holes. Don't want to keep detecting those .22 shells!

• Like 1