New Minelab Pi Announcement Date 2020

So I was verified today by someone I cant name for obvious reasons that minelab will be anoucing a new pi in May at the ballerat dealers conference whay that pi is is a unknown it could be a new sdc a new gpx or new gpz that we have to wait and see but I'm excited either way and hoping I won't have to sell my house for it 

Given what was said to dealers at the conference last year regarding this new PI, they expect an even more insane price tag to be accepted because the performance of the prototypes has been outstanding. Expect a 'rush' akin to the release of the SD2000 they reckon. Maybe they'll see sense and rely on volume of sales and not even higher profit margins???....not holding my breath. MT, the only 'true' verification will be in May. Until then, we'll hear more of the same well-sourced rumors and nothing more....

9 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

And since the GPZ is not a PI it would not be a new ZVT replacement....

The GPZ IS an evolution of a  Pulse Induction detector, just with extra bells and whistles. Just coz Minelab prefer to use another acronym, (ZVT) don't mean it aint a PI. 

• Like 2

From the same doc referenced by Dave above

"Another disadvantage of PI is its capability at detecting very large nuggets compared to CW metal detectors, such as ZVT. CW means Continuous Wave and includes all technologies that do not have zero transmit periods (almost all technologies other than PI). Zero Voltage Transmission (ZVT) – ZVT has the same major advantage as PI for ground balancing in not detecting the major soil component X, but has the same advantage of CW metal detector technologies compared to PI for detecting very large nuggets because ZVT is CW (unlike PI that is not CW ), and also the same advantage as PI for being relatively insensitive to saline soils compared to VLF.

• Like 2

Perhaps Its just Minelab attempting to recreate the wheel.... you'll notice that 'time constants' are mentioned as well as the sampling (measuring) period which are all PI references. The only constant wave part is during the receive- sampling section of the code....which shows its more of a hybrid system with perhaps PI as its core....remember it still has the same audio as the GPX's and the dual channel MPS (which isnt acknowledged but easily heard by any operator) reverse tone audio responses. Maybe someone can correct me, but I seem to recall the very few references of the operating frequency being in the PI ballpark also..... Minelab technicians also referred to GPZ as a PI type when it was released initially. I 'feel' that going by user experience and the tech-speak, the 7000 is a hybrid PI with a fancy name. But of course the tech works......and works damn well. Hopefully ML expand on the tech and bring us all something even more amazing  

• Like 2

I'm going to make my prediction now. GPX 6000, mostly the same as the 5000, other than the chip system to prevent off brand coils 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Lacky said:

I'm going to make my prediction now. GPX 6000, mostly the same as the 5000, other than the chip system to prevent off brand coils 😀

Haha, Minelab have the reputation of building detectors that  perform and improve technology. A 5000 without coil options will sell like a dinner plate wired to a cardboard box....on a stick of course... 😉

• Like 1