New Minelab Pi Announcement Date 2020

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

I think you misread the post: I said people were trying to follow them and find where they were detecting (which is a ripoff, no?)

Yeah.. they was getting good gold eventually someone would had wanted to track them down.

This is a reason no one really want to be uploading videos. 

haha Fred, we all have our definitions I guess. For me, someone following me in order to take advantage of the research and footwork I have done, is a rip-off. I get it about not going public, but even you might agree that those Goldhound videos were some of the best ever done of what is our hobby and their living.

Hope you are doing well...

49 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

haha Fred, we all have our definitions I guess. For me, someone following me in order to take advantage of the research and footwork I have done, is a rip-off. I get it about not going public, but even you might agree that those Goldhound videos were some of the best ever done of what is our hobby and their living.

Hope you are doing well...

Thats a for sure thing .. with theories that played out in the field with the gold finds.

There was no hint in the last Minelab annual report about any new gold detectors this year. The next report will be out in June, so we will presumably hear from this meeting first. People are of course assuming a meeting announcement means something this year, but given the lack of mention in corporate forward guidance you could very well be looking at next year. Given the track record with early announcements I’m not holding my breath on any of this. In fact based on recent history I’d have my eye set more on 2021 than this year as far as any shipping product, if any. Most dealers are still waiting for the Vanquish to hit their shelves, and it was announced way back in April 2019.

• Like 1

Happily I am fortunate enough to have a GPZ and an Equinox 800 (corrected. Thanks Chase) and don't really have to worry about any upcoming detectors. I do think there will have to be substantive changes in the next ML gold detector though - especially if it is more likely to be released in 2021.

This is a fun discussion though, I always learn something in these threads.

46 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I want an Equinox 8000!

I may be the only person field testing it that's for sure…haha.

(thanks Chase, I corrected it)

• Like 1

Hey Steve,

I have to agree with you.  I think we both have seen this hype and trends in the last 20-25 years.  Typically a gold detectors is released in Australia's Winter season, but not all the time.  If I remember right, the GPZ 7000 was originally released almost during our Summer time.  

The Vanquish was talked about being out before Christmas.  I'm not convinced from what I know that a big gold detector will be released anytime soon.  

Rob

• Like 3