What Is Your MDT 8000 Serial Number?

Carolina

I purchased my Tarsacci in February of 2019. It is # 000029 R1. Does anyone else care to share their information? If you are a salt water hunter I recommend this detector to all. It’s negative side for me is no additional coils are available and the 8” x 11” just seems small out of the water. This is only my opinion.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 6:42 PM, Carolina said:

I purchased my Tarsacci in February of 2019. It is # 000029 R1. Does anyone else care to share their information? If you are a salt water hunter I recommend this detector to all. It’s negative side for me is no additional coils are available and the 8” x 11” just seems small out of the water. This is only my opinion.

I use mine for freshwater hunting in bad ground, relic and park hunting.  I purchased my MDT  in mid-October and is #000058.  How many did they plan on selling in their first year?   

13 hours ago, Denny said:

I use mine for freshwater hunting in bad ground, relic and park hunting.  I purchased my MDT  in mid-October and is #000058.  How many did they plan on selling in their first year?   

13 hours ago, Denny said:

I do not know and all questions about the number sold to date has been called proprietary information. This is  why I tried to start this topic. Maybe more will join in. Thanks for joining in.

• The title was changed to What Is Your MDT 8000 Serial Number?

#16 bought used from a forum member. I use it exclusively for wet sand.

Deal to good to pass up but had intended to buy new. I have issues with getting my salt # correct so that it balances in the wet. I think it's going to be a great machine going forward but we definitely need more videos on the wet sand to help others like myself with the settings. I'm able to use it and am successful with it but I'm probably only getting 65-70% out of it.

• Like 1

On certain salt beaches I hunt, I too have a issue with salt balance. At these I ground balance in the damp sand then salt balance. Also try black sand on before salt balance. Looks like number 58 is the highest so far. IMO not offering any additional size coils will hurt sales. The small 8x11 coil is fine in the water. After that not so much.

We are up to #58 so far. I believe #19 for a low. What’s your number ?

I bought mine preowned and have serial #000052. I too wish someone would make a video on the correct method to salt balance. I spoke to Dimitar concerning this but still am a bit confused. 

5 hours ago, MPL said:

I bought mine preowned and have serial #000052. I too wish someone would make a video on the correct method to salt balance. I spoke to Dimitar concerning this but still am a bit confused. 

I emailed Dimitar about the salt balancing issue as I've never been able to make it quiet. His response was to send me the manual which I had read several times to that point. Not exactly what I had hoped for in terms of customer support but I think it had more to do with me buying his machine second hand as he had nothing in the sale so to speak. This point concerns me a bit as if I have a problem regarding something breaking I don't think that there will be any warranty support.