What Is Your MDT 8000 Serial Number?

Carolina

It looks to me like Tarsacci is not assigning serial numbers chronologically.

I bought mine new in early January, 2020, and I have serial number 000055 R1.

I'm guessing these non-chronological numbers are part of their plan to keep sales figures confidential.

--Tom

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TallTom said:

I'm guessing these non-chronological numbers are part of their plan to keep sales figures confidential.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go about masking this information by spoofing serial number sequences.  Really?  This isn't a spy plane. What does it matter, anyway?  Is anyone really going to make a buy decision based on the number sold or based on performance and features?  They can run their railroad any way they like, and it is their prerogative to keep sales confidential just like any other manufacturer, but I hope they are focusing on making the detector all it can be performance wise rather than trying to promote some sort of faux mystique ("There's a reason users are not promoting the detector...". etc.).

• Like 1

My impression is that Tarsacci is a small operation and is NOT making anything like 100 detectors at a time.

That being said, they might not be meticulously running a FIFO operation where the latest created unit goes to the end of the line for shipment to customers and has the highest, sequential serial number.  My point was simply that we can't draw many conclusions from the serial numbers seen so far. In fact, I think the most likely conclusion from what we've seen reported is that the relationship between serial number and date of sale is pretty casual.

On your other point, your info is the first I've read about a special coil for NZ.  I've seen nothing on the long thread (56 pages) on the DankowskiDetectors forum about the MDT 8000.  If that coil truly exists, it will be interesting to see how well the special coil works when comparing the MDT 8000's field results with other detectors, such as the Equinox, which I assume use only standard NOX coils in NZ.

• Like 1

I can tell you ...... Demitar gives pretty good warranty support.... or at least has to me.  Hes not a ONE MAN SHOW.   I may be getting great support also because i DO try and show my finds and push the machine.  He appreciates that.    Its a hard machine to put down for what im using it for.    I held off buying for a few reason...... but i have unit #26 which was purchased Jan 24, 2019.   Like Cliff, i use mine in the salt water mostly.   This is one well made machine...... i dare say ive got more hours with this machine than anyone using it.  On my beaches its pertty much turn on and go now for me hunting in AM  0 threshold and 9 sensitivity.   Things i dont worry about....... TID #, ive got a pretty good handle on those jumpy digits now.   The amount of NOISE depends on the freq and how close you are or IN the water.   You dont get nearly the noise in AM.... those ping and pongs turn into very fast POPS from those surface minerals.   So im not having the issues dirt hunters may have..... in fact i cant really speak for that since i dont use it in the dirt.     Tom D mentioned to first try adjusting the GB which has less affect than the  Salt Balance..... in fact i turn SB off when in the dry sand.   I used Tom D basic SB he gave us..... and made adjustments while in the water....... slowly adjusting it up until i reached reduced chatter.   We dont really have a lot of minerals.... so the machine tended to GRAB GB digits...... which obviously could be anything based on the spot choosen to GB.    So like the Nox i use 0 GB..... or 567 on the MDT.   Here, we have found 6.5 and 9khz seems to work well in the water.  I normally run 9kzh with a SB between 30 to 33.  Even with a bit of pops......if you hit a target you know it.   Ive tested 12 and 18khz.......in the shallow they may SB 27...... but deeper it all changes...... i have to run the SB way high...... like 44.   9khz thou seems to get the same targets........ BUT has a much richer tone.   So why run a high SB and not know what its doing...... even thou im told its just to correct the NOISE /chatter.  

Coils....... i can see a need, as can Tom.   BUT....  the standard really suits me.   In the water at least i can get that tip in my scoop hole.... and unlike the Nox ..... im not loosing signals.   With a larger coil ..... to me it wouldnt be as much about the coil as the shaft size.   It displaces a lot of water since its larger than a standard shaft.   It can be hard to push around out there ...... much like the CTX in swift water.    Here in the Gulf we get in the water more than most places......... which means a larger coil has to be a real choice of the day. ... and i going to do wet/dry sand?   If not the standard is best for water use for me.   I hunt a lot of hours so the standard coil covers all the sand i want to for that day.

Interesting Dew you did not weigh in on yes or no or I don’t know on the NZ coil. The link is interesting. I have hounded Dimitar so much about the 12” coil, now he does not answer my text. Oh well, just name a detector out there that does not offer an optional coil and the AQ don’t count !!!

Carolina.......the only info i have on NZ...... is he has sent a few there.   It appeared to be more testing to see how it did in that extremely difficult soil.   I read one article ..... on here i believe.... where someone got one and was trying to impress with how much he paid...... some unrealistic amount.    Every thing seems to be about depth now days and i seen Tom D mention they were considering more coils but didnt say what size or their intended purpose.   I can tell you here in Fl..... depth wise its right there with many PIs.... but at least you get some idea as to what you are digging.   Coils often can be an easy way to  get depth...... so are they considering it to compete with the new PI machines?   I have no idea.   Personally, i like the machine for what its been finding and the conditions and location i use it here in Fl.   I understand work continues to make it an even better machine.

Wow!

Are there ANY detectors that can find targets even an inch into that NZ "sand"?

I'd think even PI machines would struggle.

It could be possible, as I have a coil for the Tarsacci that was made for testing in the US in the infamous iron dirt of Culpeper, Virginia.  

I'm not sure what exactly is different about it spec wise, but it is the same size and uses the same mold as the stock Tarsacci coil.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

It could be possible, as I have a coil for the Tarsacci that was made for testing in the US in the infamous iron dirt of Culpeper, Virginia.  

I'm not sure what exactly is different about it spec wise, but it is the same size and uses the same mold as the stock Tarsacci coil.  

Daniel, I was told that Dimitar made two experimental coils for the Culpepper dirt but it did not work well. Maybe the second one is the NZ coil.Tom D. told me it was a forum member from Virginia that had the coil for testing. I am not sure if it is the same as the NZ coil or not. I would assume so. It appears that producing a larger (12”) coil is difficult for the Tarsacci. The oval coil works well in the water here but a larger coil is needed to work the wash and damp sand. I think it would also help in dry sand and for coin and relic hunting in the turf. There are those though who disagree with me on this subject. I do continue to pester Tom and Dimitar on this matter and it is just strange to me that a $1500.00 machine has no coil options. Thanks for your info on the coil.