White's GMX Sport Release

The new White's Electronics GMX Sport is now available for pre-order. It is the extremely popular Goldmaster 24k fitted into the waterproof MX Sport housing. Introductory offer for the GMX Sport includes TWO searchcoils, the round 6.5" concentric, and the 4 x 6 Double D oval, plus Whites waterproof headphones, plus adapter for standard headphones.  MSRP is $899.95. I am already accepting pre-orders NOW, and will have them at the upcoming GPAA Gold Shows. Check out the YouTube video "GMX Sport intro”.....

• Like 3

MAP price for the GMX Sport and above-mentioned accessories is $827.95. As usual, my customers also receive my MAP-approved accessory pack. When filming the introduction, we also filmed some really detailed comparisons which will appear in an upcoming Spud Diggers video.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 2:56 PM, Jim McCulloch said:

the GMX Sport includes TWO searchcoils, the round 6.5" concentric, and the 4 x 6 Double D oval

Just to confirm Jim, the GMX Sport is coming with two small coils, the 6” round concentric and 4” x 6” DD elliptical?

Edit: OK, that is also what you report in the video so that confirms it. Thanks for posting Jim!

White's GMX Sport Data & Specifications

whites-goldmaster-gmx-sport-gold-detector.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to White's GMX Sport Release
5 hours ago, phrunt said:

This is exactly what White's needed to do to make this a detector that stands out!  Now I see it as a very interesting detector more so than the 24k.

The coils are perfect, waterproof is good.  A great creek machine.  White's now have a detector that really has my interest but NO MORE DETECTORS FOR ME!  🙂

I tell my wife that golfers are allowed 14 clubs to play a round of golf and metal detecting is no different.....................I’m still only allowed 4 “clubs” 😩

• Haha 2

Simon, those cable connectors are wonderful, and they've been standard features on White's detectors for many years now. Also, White's dealers have just received the notification email about pre-ordering. It is believed that the shipping date will be the 27th. Suggestion: sell off several of your inferior detectors and upgrade to White's!

• Like 2

This guy has been selling them for years for about $2 a clip....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Detector-Coil-Cable-Clips-for-Minelab-and-Whites-One-Set-of-3-Clips-/123837125144

But Whites has them for 50 cents a clip....

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/pair-of-velcro-cable-retainers/

Lots of people selling them for more than White’s and they all look identical, so I tend to think people get them from White’s and just resell at higher prices. Seems like I first saw them on my MX Sport. Don’t know for sure about all that though.

I have used them and how well they work tends to depend on the rod diameter. If the rod is too small they tend to rotate, and if too large they pop off when the cable gets tugged. Overall I like them but there is room for improvement, like different sizes perhaps or a version made out of “softer, grippier” material.

whites-coil-cable-clips.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim McCulloch said:

White's dealers have just received the notification email about pre-ordering. It is believed that the shipping date will be the 27th.

No dealers listing yet on websites.... I guess people who are interested just need to call you Jim! :smile:

White's GMX Sport Data & Specifications

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Still looks like the same clip to me. Whatever, glad you found some at a price that works for you.

The GMX Sport name is just a play off the MX Sport name. Whites may sell as many to fresh water jewelry hunters as nugget hunters. You are more a rarity in that regard Simon... I’ll stick with the lighter 24K myself as will most desert types. There are some that hunt nuggets around water however or in places where rain is a constant and the GMX will appeal to them.

For what it’s worth I sold the Gold Monster and kept the 24K and the GMX basically being a waterproof 24K is a good thing as far as I am concerned. I do think selling it with two small coils is an odd decision, but as long as a larger coil option exists I guess that’s fine.

whites-gmx-sport-detector-logo.jpg

Phrunt  

Don’t you know by now a woman wouldn’t be happy even if you hung her with a new rope ! 

You go ahead and buy that detector you want.

RIP if you can! haha 

Chuck