Want A Larger Coil For The MDT 8000

I have had mine for a year now and it is the only detector I use now. My only thoughts are the 9 x 11 coil works great in the water but I wish he would offer a 12" coil for the damp,wet and wash. It also would help shrink those fields while relic hunting.

tarsacci-mdt-8000-metal-detector-beach-detecting.jpg

Tarsacci MDT 8000 metal detector

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Want A Larger Coil For The MDT 8000

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

That would make sense if they were made and shipped to order, not if they made 100 and boxed them up in a store room waiting for sale and just grabbed any box out of the pile when an order is placed.  Either way it looks like the number sold is possibly under 100 and a few owners are second hand units too even though such a small number possibly made.

I hope they turn out to be a good detector and have great success, although with the pending release of the Fisher....

Some guy went on a NZ prospecting forum and tried to promote them saying they've made a special coil for NZ conditions for the detector which put a bad taste in my mouth knowing it was a lie.  Not sure if he's associated with them or not, I hope not.

https://community.paydirt.co.nz/t/tarsacci-mdt-8000-with-new-specific-nz-coil-release/3826

I too have not heard of a NZ coil. I’m surprised Dew had no mention of this also. I too have had great service from Dimitar in regards to a couple minor issues inflicted by myself. I tightened the battery cap to tight and stripped the threads on the cap. I received a replacement almost instantly. I have 6 months left on my warranty but if the past year is any indication of the detectors build quality, it will not matter if it runs out. Seems to be built very well. On the issue of coils, I just feel my hands are tied when hunting with my friends using the ever so popular Equinox and the CTX, when in the wash and damp sand. In the water the stock coil is fine. It just does not seem right to pay $1500.00 + for a detector that has no choice of optional coils. On this subject I have worn my welcome out with Dimitar as now he will not answer my text, haha. I am relentless on this topic. Thanks for the link phrunt as it is very insightful. It appears to be on the up and up to me. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Carolina. Dont know if you saw it, but the above has all been cleared up for readers in the following topic in the Tarsacci Forum here. All good now and explained in link from Phrunt below.

A 12 inch coul would be nice.....as would a small one for trashy areas, but then again I would probably procrastinate more as to which coil to use. Its only been a year so no doubt something will appear on the horizon!

For me i could go either way on a larger coil.   Id assume it would get not only coverage but depth..... and maybe even better TID.   BUT..... in the water the shaft size is in between the Nox and CTX ..... so its a little larger than i want.   IF there was a larger coil...... id have to have that shaft reduced in size...... it really displaces a LOT of water.   When you get a long shore current going..... its gets tuff to move.  I personally would like to see a thinner single lower shaft up to the control shaft....... a two piece.

• Like 1

Sadly it appears that Dimitar is more interested in turning out another MDT model than  offering additional accessories for the MDT 8000 that is already on the market. I wish he could see the need for a six inch and twelve inch coil for the existing MDT. My fingers are crossed.

3 hours ago, Carolina said:

Sadly it appears that Dimitar is more interested in turning out another MDT model than  offering additional accessories for the MDT 8000 that is already on the market. I wish he could see the need for a six inch and twelve inch coil for the existing MDT. My fingers are crossed.

The more I’m using the MDT in iron laced sites, learning its audio language it’s auctully a good unit with very fast recovery speed. I’m starting to see separation as fast as a Deus, didn’t at first but after a long period of learning the MDT audio language it’s extremely fast with separation up there with a Deus. 

Can see a need for a smaller coil in areas needing better separation,   Not too small.  Smaller elliptical would be nice, plan on visiting Dimitar soon. We had discussed going on a relic hunt up in gold county, maybe a little nugget hunting as well. I’ll ask about a smaller coil, hopefully he’s got something for us in the works.

Paul

1 hour ago, Paul (CA) said:

The more I’m using the MDT in iron laced sites, learning its audio language it’s auctully a good unit with very fast recovery speed. I’m starting to see separation as fast as a Deus, didn’t at first but after a long period of learning the MDT audio language it’s extremely fast with separation up there with a Deus. 

Can see a need for a smaller coil in areas needing better separation,   Not too small.  Smaller elliptical would be nice, plan on visiting Dimitar soon. We had discussed going on a relic hunt up in gold county, maybe a little nugget hunting as well. I’ll ask about a smaller coil, hopefully he’s got something for us in the works.

Paul

Paul, I am more interested in a 12” coil for relic and coin as well as the damp and wet salt sand. Any help would sure make many people happy. 

Thomas

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

Paul, I am more interested in a 12” coil for relic and coin as well as the damp and wet salt sand. Any help would sure make many people happy. 

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

I’ll definitely ask Dimitar,  if the future brings us a larger or smaller coil.  I could use both, for the type of hunting I do.  

Dimitar lives close to gold county, fortunately I have a couple of friends owning large acreage properties up in gold county.  Both historical areas, haven’t tried the MDT there and since I’m going there soon felt it would be a great area for Dimitar to test his equipment. 

I know Dimitar is doing his best,  And very grateful having an MDT as it’s definitely deeper than my other top end models. If other coils do come out, that’s great. If not, I understand and greatly appreciate what he has accomplished.

if I hear anything,  will definitely keep you posted.  Hope the year brings you good health and terrific finds.

Paul

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if it would make a difference to change the shape ...maybe help clean up the TID some.    IF.... if i had a wish...... mine would be thinner middle and lower shaft.   It can be a lot to push around out there if the water is rough or swift.   The shaft size is between the Nox and CTX..... so it can displace a lot of water.  Light as heck out of the water...... but in the water you notice it when trying to push it around.   He sure make a machine to last thou.   Im hoping the next one is a tad more waterproof as well..... just for peace of mind.