groundscanner

Suggestions For Aftermarket Wireless Aptx Headphones

Does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket aptX low latency headphones for the 800?  I have hearing problems and I am not happy with the sound quality of the Minelab headphones.  They have a mushy sound and I prefer a crisper sound.  I have Killer B's that sound much better but I prefer not to deal with a wired connection

Thanks!

You could use the WM-08 wireless module and your Killer Bee's... that's pretty much why it comes with the 800. It is also a lower latency solution than Aptx.

Headphones Waterproof / Resistant Aptx-ll ?

66 Audio-bts Pro Bluetooth Headphones Aptx Ll

Ausdom Ah3 Wireless Headphones

Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitters

After Market Bluetooth Headphones Thread

Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Compatibility

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, groundscanner said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket aptX low latency headphones for the 800?  I have hearing problems and I am not happy with the sound quality of the Minelab headphones.  They have a mushy sound and I prefer a crisper sound.  I have Killer B's that sound much better but I prefer not to deal with a wired connection

Thanks!

Simply plug the Killer B's into the WM08 module using a simple mini-plug adapter and you have untethered Killer B's.

If you still want to go the BT APTX LL route the following phones have gotten good reviews from forum members:

https://www.amazon.com/TROND-Bluetooth-Headphones-Lightweight-Transmitter/dp/B075VLWPXF/ref=sr_1_15?crid=172K8DW08OMSX&keywords=aptx+ll+headphones&qid=1579550842&sprefix=Aptx+LL%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-15

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-AUKEY-Bluetooth-Water-Resistance-Commuting/dp/B07GBVCZZX/ref=sr_1_13?crid=172K8DW08OMSX&keywords=aptx+ll+headphones&qid=1579550842&sprefix=Aptx+LL%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-13

https://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Upgraded-Bluetooth-Headphones-Isolating/dp/B01GGKNYOQ/ref=sr_1_20?crid=172K8DW08OMSX&keywords=aptx+ll+headphones&qid=1579550842&sprefix=Aptx+LL%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IEHIMLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect/picassoRedirect.html/ref=pa_sp_atf_aps_sr_pg1_2?ie=UTF8&adId=A097530334F2NR9NLAKSA&url=%2FAvantree-Bluetooth-Headphones-Computer-Watching%2Fdp%2FB07VKYV9Z2%2Fref%3Dsr_1_2_sspa%3Fcrid%3D172K8DW08OMSX%26keywords%3Daptx%2Bll%2Bheadphones%26qid%3D1579551168%26sprefix%3DAptx%2BLL%2Caps%2C133%26sr%3D8-2-spons%26psc%3D1&qualifier=1579551168&id=2866703208093154&widgetName=sp_atf

Soundpeats made a compatible set of earbuds that were APTX LL but they seem to discontinued.

Note that the Trond and the Miccus Headphones are "clones" of the ML phones.  I use the Miccus phones and they have audio superior to their ML clones which I too have found to be muddy/muffled in comparison.  Strange but true.

Beside the Miccus and Paww phones, I have not verified the others but they SHOULD work based on the specs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys for the helpful info.!

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You could use the WM-08 wireless module and your Killer Bee's... that's pretty much why it comes with the 800. It is also a lower latency solution than Aptx.

Headphones Waterproof / Resistant Aptx-ll ?

66 Audio-bts Pro Bluetooth Headphones Aptx Ll

Ausdom Ah3 Wireless Headphones

Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitters

After Market Bluetooth Headphones Thread

Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Compatibility

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Simply plug the Killer B's into the WM08 module using a simple mini-plug adapter and you have untethered Killer B's.

If you still want to go the BT APTX LL route the following phones have gotten good reviews from forum members:

Soundpeats made a compatible set of earbuds that were APTX LL but they seem to discontinued.

Note that the Trond and the Miccus Headphones are "clones" of the ML phones.  I use the Miccus phones and they have audio superior to their ML clones which I too have found to be muddy/muffled in comparison.  Strange but true.

Beside the Miccus and Paww phones, I have not verified the others but they SHOULD work based on the specs.

Thanks!

The MICCUS third link above has a warning for metal detectorists: 

• IMPORTANT NOTE FOR METAL DETECTOR USE: The current SR-71 Bluetooth 5.0 release DOES NOT work with metal detecting equipment. The reviews are citing earlier 4.2 versions of the headphones.

Too bad, first I have seen touting "noise canceling'

9 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

The MICCUS third link above has a warning for metal detectorists: 

• IMPORTANT NOTE FOR METAL DETECTOR USE: The current SR-71 Bluetooth 5.0 release DOES NOT work with metal detecting equipment. The reviews are citing earlier 4.2 versions of the headphones.

Too bad, first I have seen touting "noise canceling'

Read this thread, that warning has pretty much been debunked by forum users who have successfully paired the latest versions of these headphones with the Equinox.  The prevailing theory is that people were not properly performing the paring procedure then reporting the issue to Miccus as a reason for a return.  Miccus dutifully posted the warning.

BTW - read the features again, they are not "noise cancelling"  but "noise isolating" or "noise blocking".  In other words passive over the ear noise blocking not active noise cancelling.

If you are interested in active noise cancelling headphones that are compatible with the Equinox (I have a pair and they work), then check these out:

https://www.amazon.com/Paww-WaveSound-Bluetooth-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B01IEHIMLY/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=paww+noise+cancelling+aptx+headphones&qid=1581736049&sr=8-4

If you are actually interested in these I have an extra backup pair New in Box.  PM me, if interested.

• Like 1

I agree with Chase, on the Miccus phones.  Even though they are a BT80, they definitely sound different from the Minelab BT80s (ML80). The Minelab version IS a muddy-sounding, not-clear sound -- I totally agree with you and Chase.  The Miccus phones are much more clear and crisp, especially on the high tones.

I shot a video, but haven't edited and uploaded it yet, showing proper pairing technique -- AND doing so with a set of Miccus SR-71 Bluetooth version 5.0 headphones.  They WILL pair with an Equinox (mine is an 800 running the newest, 2.0 version of firmware).

Don't worry about the Miccus phones not pairing; if the WM-08 option with your Killer B's is too "wired" for you, try the Miccus.  

Steve