First 2 Necklaces With The Nox

Dan(NM)

Looks like a fantastic hunt. Congrats.😀

• Thanks 1

That was a long hunt for those 2 necklaces, but you gained a lot of information from the park ranger I bet.

Wish your next trip is better for you.

• Thanks 1

Nice hunt Dan. You sure went through the garbage for those necklaces. All keepers makes it worth the effort.

Do you hunt primarily in 2 tones? 

What is your tone pitch set at?

I've never hunted in or near the water  although I'm surrounded by it. 

13 minutes ago, Happa54 said:

Nice hunt Dan. You sure went through the garbage for those necklaces. All keepers makes it worth the effort.

Do you hunt primarily in 2 tones? 

What is your tone pitch set at?

I've never hunted in or near the water  although I'm surrounded by it. 

Thank you. I hunt in 2 tones 99% of the time. I have my pitch set at 25 for what I want to dig and 1 for what I'm going to pass on. To me, it's the challenge of wading thru the garbage for a keeper or two. It's a lot of work, but very satisfying in a weird sort of way. 🙂

NICE digs, Dan!  You have FAR more patience than I do!  🙂  But, it's paying off for you, with some nice keepers, no doubt about it.

NICE!

Steve

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, steveg said:

NICE digs, Dan!  You have FAR more patience than I do!  🙂  But, it's paying off for you, with some nice keepers, no doubt about it.

NICE!

Steve

Thank you Steve.

It's one thing when you hunting a certain site to "hope" there's something good to be found and "knowing" something worthwhile will be found. I've hunted this type of place back in the early 90's and found a ton of jewelry, I was the first one to hit that swimming hole. I had no idea what masking was or the idea of a fast recovery machine. I'm sure I left more gold rings than I found  😞  

I don't mind cleaning the trash out, because the payoff is going to be big at some point.

That was a great hunt with treasure and some good communication with the Ranger. Just about all Rangers I have come across have been very friendly, even if they were asking me to leave. Which is rare. I would say you really helped clean the place. 

• Thanks 1

Nice score!

Believe it or not the F75 LTD was decent at finding chains like that.  It's been a few years since I used it at the beach, so I forget the settings, but with very specific settings it would nail something like that. 

• Like 1