I'm probably a bit slow with this and some of you may have already noticed but I stumbled across some awesome gold photos on the X-Coils website of gold found with the coils.  Even a few of KiwiJW's photos made it on there, he should be proud!  😄  Western Australia seems to dominate it, I guess that's no surprise.  The gold photos can be found here

I don't even know if the website's been posted on here as it seems most of the stuff around it happened while I was away for Christmas and I haven't yet caught up on all the goings on while I was away so if not it's address is https://www.x-coils.com/

I'm stuck in my chair at the moment with a sore back so I've had plenty of time to browse around entertaining myself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The 10" and 12" coils with 7000 feature heavily in the photos. Can t wait to get my QED over there. Just need to decide on what coil

• Like 1

Wow!! Thanks Simon,

Good thing that about the only gold we hunt here is on the beach; lost by others! My 800 with stock coil does fine for that!

I had no idea coils could be that expensive! Way above my pay grade! I hope you guy's find enough gold to pay for them!🤯🤯💰💰 I guess I've led a sheltered detecting life!! I think I'll stay in my lane!!👍👍

• Like 1

yes, Gold prospecting is quite different to coin and jewellery hunting with the cost of equipment, look at the price tag of the GPZ 7000 for example, or even the cheaper GPX series... they make VLF detectors seem very cheap. 

• Thanks 1

Hope all is well with the family, and your back! Continued Good Luck with all your detecting! Be safe!👍👍

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 4:41 PM, phrunt said:

I'm stuck in my chair at the moment with a sore back so I've had plenty of time to browse around entertaining myself.

Sore back from sluice boxing?? I know it kills my back so I don't do it anymore. Hope you recover quickly. You must be very anxious to play with your new toy.😉

Good luck out there

JW 🤠 

• Like 1

I think it was sore from Sluice boxing, I had a friend encourage me to go to the doctors which was the right decision, I am now on a range of tablets and my back is feeling so much better.  I slipped a disc and also pinched a nerve.  I am going to physio next week too.

I can't wait to use my new toy, I am hoping I can find some gold with it worthy of being posted on the X-coils gold found with an X-coil webpage... You're dominating the NZ section on there 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I think it was sore from Sluice boxing, I had a friend encourage me to go to the doctors which was the right decision, I am now on a range of tablets and my back is feeling so much better.  I slipped a disc and also pinched a nerve.  I am going to physio next week too.

I can't wait to use my new toy, I am hoping I can find some gold with it worthy of being posted on the X-coils gold found with an X-coil page webpage... You're dominating the NZ section on there 🙂

Simon, I wasn't laughing at the first part of your post. Simon has joined the brotherhood of Zed users & very soon the X coils to go with it. And now he has stuffed his back. I can but imagine his frustration at not being able to get out there. So I had better clean up before he gets better 😂

Had a good couple of hours last night in the cool of the evening. Been bloody hot lately. All that hot air & wind coming off that big island to the west of us.😂 Didnt head out until 7pm on the E bike. Back home at 9.45pm. I have had to resort to a cold chisel & hammer lately to carve deeply entombed gold out of "solid" schist bedrock. Last nights effort took an hour to carve one piece out, the bigger one, & then two more followed. Got 4 all up for the evening & my biggest piece for a while.

20200125_073016.thumb.jpg.d4f6f1ecc180b89b551e0f3fc28231e3.jpg

This has been the trend lately. Get one piece out, cold chisel & hammer:rolleyes:, re scan & multiple others follow from the one dig. This since the new year for several short stint missions in the cooler evening hours.

20200122_173427.thumb.jpg.038f1781ad6c392fecad6c7c072bb640.jpg Ground that wasn't suitable to the ML 14" coil.  But bring on the little 10" X coil...heaven:wub:

20191229_185827.thumb.jpg.98bc087cd881af7f2f11185e06300441.jpg

Imagine trying to get the ML 14" coil in among all that steep busy ground, but there is gold in there.

20191229_185806.thumb.jpg.6b8628b825f77d971dd5b0bcb0cbd20e.jpg

20200105_182133.thumb.jpg.8814da1f92c25130839ca99a597fcba8.jpgOr in among those crevices.

20200105_190159.thumb.jpg.ce523b49e91d5d38e5314bea6b400e8b.jpg

20200105_182148.thumb.jpg.91f968fbf5c578f8c408192204dd13e5.jpg

20200105_182127.thumb.jpg.5783fd837d94a35ad90aaa2e04906a2b.jpgHere is an example of one dig, cold chisel & hammer (just more shit to carry in:rolleyes:) I was a slow learner. I have always maintained that I was never the sharpest tool in the shed, but a tool....yes.  Now I have left it stashed in there.:blush: saves me from carrying it in every time:rolleyes: Knowing my luck Simon will come along detecting & find them. :laugh:

20200105_163036.thumb.jpg.2e0b14a6d23d4de970b9923f5e83eaa7.jpg

20200105_163048.thumb.jpg.e510aaca9c6280795dd627d62f3b51ff.jpg

One dig that ended up in 5 pieces coming to the light of evening.

20200105_163551.thumb.jpg.40ecae884d9f981a10e8776c6807bcf5.jpgHappy hunting & happy New Year. A bit belated I know :rolleyes:

JW 🤠

• Like 6

Still amazing where you detect...well done.

But that should encourage others to venture from the valleys upward...the gold wasn't born on the river bedrock!

fred

• Like 1

Awesome pictures again, JW and some nice little bits of gold as well, I wonder how many other pockets will require re-digging where you have got a single nugget before, and there might be some more embedded deeper in the schist rocks.

cheers dave  

• Like 1