Mike C...

Goldmaster 24K 4x6 Coil Availability?

I really like the 6" concentric and would recommend it to most people as the small coil to have for the Goldmaster 24K and GMX. It is very sensitive to the smallest gold while retaining very good depth for a smaller coil.

It is however a measured 6.5" in diameter. The 4" x 6" DD coil can get into much tighter locations, like deep crevices and pockets in bedrock, or between rocks and brush on deeper ground. You can't find gold if you can't get the coil immediately over it.

The DD design is electronically less reactive to more mineralized ground than the identical size concentric coil, and the 4" x 6" coil is both a DD coil and small in size. It will therefore be able to retain higher sensitivity levels on highly mineralized ground than the concentric coil, be less reactive to hot rocks, and be less sensitive to electrical interference (EMI). However, in head to head tests in mild to moderate ground the 6.5" concentric will have more punch.

For slightly better ground coverage and best depth in most ground the 6.5" concentric should be the first choice. But for highly mineralized ground or those very tight physical locations the 4" x 6" DD is a tool worth having.

• Like 5

On 3/5/2020 at 1:48 PM, aufarmer said:

Found a dealer that had it listed as in stock so I ordered one.  What I recieved yesterday was something totally different, but after contacting the dealer I was told they were sorry for the mix up and they would be shipping the correct coil right away.  So hopefully I'll have one by next week. 

Any luck getting that coil?

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Any luck getting that coil?

They sent me a label to return the wrong coil and told me as soon as they received it back I would be getting the 4x6 “fresh off the assembly line direct from White’s”.   So I’m guessing that means I’ll be waiting awhile.

• Sad 1

I said I’d see if I could find a White’s dealer at that Treasure show I went to if they had any 4 x 6 coils. I found out real quick you would be hard press to find anything relating to White’s detectors.

The detectors they had a drawing for was a Nox 600 and two Makro/Nokta. I guess I didn’t win any due to the fact I’d got the call yesterday. Story of my life .

Chuck 

Yay, good for you! I do believe I will round one up for myself.

• Like 1

Steve, I think I  will stay with the Hot Foot and wait and see how your review of the new 4"×6" goes.

4 hours ago, Brent F. Myers said:

Steve, I think I  will stay with the Hot Foot and wait and see how your review of the new 4"×6" goes.

I’d be getting the coil for a 24K and I doubt you are saying you are using a Hot Foot on a Goldmaster 24K? Presumably you are using it in some other machine like the GMT. At a minimum you would need to change the plug since 24K/GMK coils are not plug compatible with the GMT and earlier Goldmaster coils. But maybe you have done that, and if so it would be interesting to hear about it and how well it’s working. I would think there is a high probability of the Hot Foot overloading at higher gain levels if employed on the 24K or GMK.

I would not hold your breath for a review. I’m in no hurry to get the coil and have no idea when I would get around to using it. Since I have the 6” concentric which would be my preference anyway this is just a whim purchase. It would take just the right circumstances for me to actually use it, like deep, crevice and pocket riddled bedrock or some extreme mineral ground. The bottom line is when I have a detector I have kind of a knee jerk thing about getting the available coils that go with it. :smile:

• Like 3