Some nice coins.

Wonderful coins!! Lets all take a moment to realize they are around and over 1800 years old. Circa. somewhere around 200 to 260 AD. I can't imagine how great a feeling it is to hold a piece of history that most people have no clue about. You truly are part of those lost coins history now, I'm very glad you decided to share it with all of us. I hope you share more of these magnificent coins with us. Great job with the restoration they look awesome!!!

42 minutes ago, dogodog said:

... Circa. somewhere around 200 to 260 AD. I can't imagine how great a feeling it is to ...

Yes.  But correct me if I'm wrong, but :  In Europe, that's like you or I finding wheaties.   Right ?    😕

Maybe, but still very cool!!!! I'll take an 1800 year old coin over a 64 to 111 year old coin any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Yes.  But correct me if I'm wrong, but :  In Europe, that's like you or I finding wheaties.   Right ?    😕

Do you really think so? I've been doing metal detecting for 8 months now and this is my first denarius! Try it! The coin is silver and throughout history everyone has been collecting gold and silver, this coin has survived in the field for 1800 years, think about it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nemanjask said:

throughout history everyone has been collecting gold and silver, this coin has survived in the field for 1800 years, think about it!

You are so right about what you have said. During 2 World Wars, the Germans had people go and dig the ground for the same coins so they could melt them down to pay for the war efforts. They left very few coins in the ground and they are much harder to find than anything here in the USA. Very few are in museums and what you have found most people would take a lifetime to find.

Great hunt and I wish you the best of luck to find many more.

• Like 2