To Wait Or Not To Wait, Thats The Question

As many of you guys,i have waited for this machine for a long time.Actually last year my patient was at its end and i decided to buy a TDI Beachhunter. I have already a Garrett ATX , Equinox , and Garrett sea hunter. Iwanted to sell my ATX and sea hunter and put som money to buy the TDIBH. I dont know why but i decided to wait untill christmas and i assumedAQ will come as a christmas present which did'nt. Now im out of my patient again and don't know what to do? It is still nothing from Fisher.What should i DO??

fisher-research-impulse-aq-metal-detector.jpg

No one knows when the AQ will be released. Whatever Fisher’s plans actually are, they have not disclosed and information about the ongoing certification testing means that even Fisher Marketing may not be able to give a firm date.

I am personally satisfied that the AQ will outperform the TDIBH for most wet salt beach applications, but it will certainly cost significantly more.

Patience is often rewarded. When the AQ reaches market, and if it indeed outperforms the TDIBH, there may be an opportunity to pick up an nice used TDIBH at a bargain and you can then choose based on how much $ vs. how much performance for YOUR own uses.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I don’t believe any one detector makes magical differences in my detecting. When I want to go detecting I use what I have. Waiting around for new models is a waste of time. You have an ATX and despite all the hype the fact is the difference between it and a BHID or an Impulse is not going to drastically change your life. Good locations and hours makes finds. So my advice is use what you have until something comes along you want bad enough to buy it. Which is exactly what you are going to do. :smile:

The bottom line is if you want an Impulse AQ you are going to have to wait whether you like it or not. Fisher could decide to cancel the whole thing tomorrow since they have been careful to not say a single thing officially. And if it does arrive it will just be another metal detector, and life will go on. Two years from now the next magic wand will come along and we will do this all over.

Go detecting, live life, don’t get played by marketers. Life is too short.

Very wise words Steve and people should listen, time is passing  to fast enjoy the now tomorrow is another day! Recently my wife died, was with her for 37 years and time just flashed  by and when you look back it seams only a few years! My motto at this moment is " Live your life in the now, and don't think of the future "

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Whitbey said:

Very wise words Steve and people should listen, time is passing  to fast enjoy the now tomorrow is another day! Recently my wife died, was with her for 37 years and time just flashed  by and when you look back it seams only a few years! My motto at this moment is " Live your life in the now, and don't think of the future "

Hi Whitbey,

I am sorry for your loss. Not one of us knows for a fact that we will even open our eyes tomorrow morning, and yet we act like we will live forever. I am very grateful to have made it this far, and try not to take a single day I have left for granted. It may sound weird to people but I structure my life now around the idea that I have been told I have 90 days left to live. It made me write some letters and do some things I would have regretted were they left undone, and keeps my life in sharper focus. I tell people that matter I love them a lot more these days. The now is all we have - don't waste it.

• Like 6

I'm Waiting and Dreaming also but Opportunity waits for no man. Winds and Tides are shaping up for next week, I'm not going to miss this because I don't have the "AQ"........

• Like 8

On 1/23/2020 at 11:01 AM, Rick Kempf said:

No one knows when the AQ will be released. Whatever Fisher’s plans actually are, they have not disclosed and information about the ongoing certification testing means that even Fisher Marketing may not be able to give a firm date.

I am personally satisfied that the AQ will outperform the TDIBH for most wet salt beach applications, but it will certainly cost significantly more.

Patience is often rewarded. When the AQ reaches market, and if it indeed outperforms the TDIBH, there may be an opportunity to pick up an nice used TDIBH at a bargain and you can then choose based on how much $ vs. how much performance for YOUR own uses.

Yes I remember when the expensive Minelab gold machines hit the market, a few months later used units could be bought with huge discounts.

That being said, I'll wait until after the Terra version hits the market and see how quickly the used units hit the market.

• Like 1

With Rick reporting that FT CEO Tom Walsh took the Impulse on a recent vacation and came back with things he wanted improved, I see only more delays on the horizon. My weather has warmed up and I could use this detector now, but I am instead crossing my fingers I can get one before the end of summer. This is definitely not a machine to wait around for. I honestly would not be shocked if it ended up rolling into next year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1