To Wait Or Not To Wait, Thats The Question

search lesson
Last week a storm enters that destroyed the coasts, heights of waves never seen, as soon as I calm down prepare my equipment and enter the water, my old and faithful cz with me, I reached the point where by density the metals come together and began their spectacle , 53 rings, 4 chains with medals and 3 bracelets, plus a pair of earrings, total 483 gr in 8 hours of diving at 2.4 meters deep, after putting everything together and taking the photos of rigor, I understood the message "enjoy what you have and what will come" I have already passed the 4 kilos in 3 years detection, made me question if really wanted to change it? Nostalgia takes hold of me and I think of all that he has given me and I have only changed my helmets a couple of times !!! It is like part of my family, I treat it like a Japanese Catalan, I use it clean and I keep it, it goes without saying that it is worth its weight in gold

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, danielbecerra said:

53 rings, 4 chains with medals and 3 bracelets, plus a pair of earrings, total 483 gr in 8 hours of diving at 2.4 meters deep

A stunning result, congratulations, good for you!!! Sounds like you are doing incredibly well with what you have, no doubt about that. A great location and a great hunter will do well with many different detector options. YOU found the jewelry, not your metal detector. :smile:

• Like 2

Steve, I think we can have the best detector in the world, but if we don't know the "where and when to use it" it is worthless "I think something I understand about the behavior of the sea, I have a notebook where I keep notes on the seabed and With this I detect any change, be it a small rock, I've seen mountains of sand move in just one night

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 10:31 PM, danielbecerra said:

search lesson
Last week a storm enters that destroyed the coasts, heights of waves never seen, as soon as I calm down prepare my equipment and enter the water, my old and faithful cz with me, I reached the point where by density the metals come together and began their spectacle , 53 rings, 4 chains with medals and 3 bracelets, plus a pair of earrings, total 483 gr in 8 hours of diving at 2.4 meters deep, after putting everything together and taking the photos of rigor, I understood the message "enjoy what you have and what will come" I have already passed the 4 kilos in 3 years detection, made me question if really wanted to change it? Nostalgia takes hold of me and I think of all that he has given me and I have only changed my helmets a couple of times !!! It is like part of my family, I treat it like a Japanese Catalan, I use it clean and I keep it, it goes without saying that it is worth its weight in gold

It happened the same thing to me in last days.

A rare storm affected part of "my coast", and even if I'm far from your results to say the least from 5 years, I enjoyed the shiver to find a couple of rings in less than an hour in the small hole I've been able to hunt.

Talking about the Impulse, I must admit that I obtained this result thanks to my old Ctx.

With lot of rocks exposed, a pulse is not necessarily the right weapon of choice.

In the same place a day before, I found a wedding band with my TDI BH, but only after dozens of trash holes.

I was leaving the beach without success after hours in so cold water and literally turned on again the TDI for last signals..Magically the last one was the ring.

So I decided to avoid trash and use the vlf for a better inspection.

Two other friends with small 8"Excalibur leaved empty handed the same place...

I only wonder when the Fisher will appear truly on the market and if will be seriously able to reduce useless digging action underwater.

Not to mention the waterproofing is something that scares me. A lot.

One meter down is nothing for a diver.

Some days we just can't talk about a snorkel.

Really bad doubt.

• Like 1

You bring up an excellent point with regard to "useless digging action underwater."  Historically the curse of the PI.  I have been hunting the beaches of S. CA for many years and have used multi-frequency machines rather than PI's.  Yes, the PI's go deep, but I am not willing to dig the amount of trash the PI guys dig with the limited time I have to detect.  We will see what the Impulse AQ brings to the equation but to be a true leap forward it is going to have to improve on the need of a PI operator to dig everything.

• Like 1

“Trash” - with a VLF you can pretty reliably ID ferrous trash, but everything above that pretty much needs to be dug.

PI’s up to now don’t offer a reliable way to ID ferrous targets.

The Impulse offers a totally new approach to doing that, but only usage in the field by experienced detectorists will tell how useful it will be and what settings and modes are most effective for that.

The Impulse AQ is not a diving detector. True diving detectors need waterproof ratings well above the current crop of beach machines with the exception of the Excalibur and CZ-21.

• Like 3

In my experience in the water, I rarely exceed 3 meters deep, to hunt since things are not usually beyond 10 meters from the shore, the Mediterranean is shallow.

Regarding garbage collection, I learned to discriminate with the ear! All sounds are different gold, silver, lead, nickel, aluminum, iron. also gold with iron sounds different, gold with lead and yes.

the truth, the few times I have used an impulse I have gone crazy, I have only used cz, excalibur, sand shark, and garret be hunter, I leaned by cz to see that it was easier to detect their sounds and did not exclude the mixed gold with other metals, being that excalibur eliminated them completely.

I am very observant of the seabed and I understood how the tides move, with this focus on the accumulation points that usually never change and things come out again and again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

“Trash” - with a VLF you can pretty reliably ID ferrous trash, but everything above that pretty much needs to be dug.

PI’s up to now don’t offer a reliable way to ID ferrous targets.

The Impulse offers a totally new approach to doing that, but only usage in the field by experienced detectorists will tell how useful it will be and what settings and modes are most effective for that.

The Impulse AQ is not a diving detector. True diving detectors need waterproof ratings well above the current crop of beach machines with the exception of the Excalibur and CZ-21.

I already have in my mind all mods to transform it in a good dive machine.

Believe me, the biggest question right now for me, still remain how to use seriously a 7Ms delay in saltwater.

I'm able to remove small copper plated iron cents on my TDIbh misadjusting the GB and to leave gold safe under big coins that I don't dig.  (Thanks Steve!).

The threshold drift at 10Ms is sometimes a pain however, even with sensitivity on 70% and in really shallow water.

Hopefully a stable threshold will be the key for this machine.

I know the ferrous/non ferrous target separation is at it's best due to the videos.

Now I only need to test one of the first that will be here in Europe to sleep in peace😁

• Like 3