PPP

To Wait Or Not To Wait, Thats The Question

On 1/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, fredmason said:

AMEN....

my best friend of 51 years up and died last week.... I expected he would outlive me by 20 years...it was not to be

fred

Fred

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.  Coincidentally I also lost a lifelong friend just over a week ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

How long are we suppose to wait?  If it's a long enough wait, I can not wait, but still be waiting.  Know what I mean?

Rich. 

On 1/31/2020 at 1:14 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

With Rick reporting that FT CEO Tom Walsh took the Impulse on a recent vacation and came back with things he wanted improved, I see only more delays on the horizon. My weather has warmed up and I could use this detector now, but I am instead crossing my fingers I can get one before the end of summer. This is definitely not a machine to wait around for. I honestly would not be shocked if it ended up rolling into next year.

I can see the need to meet regulatory requirements which was mentioned as the reason Rick had to return his machine to FT.  That and the need to work out legitimate bugs/flaws nothing can be done to short circuit those legit requirements.   But this statement regarding more "improvements" and another one by one of the design/test team implying the lead designer is always trying make the design better makes me wonder at what point does design optimization effectively become polishing the cannonball as better or perfection is the enemy of good enough.   Not sure it is clear if the finish line has been defined for this project so, yeah, the wait contnues with no end in site.  Sorry, UtahRich...

• Like 1

Thank you ... for explaining LE.JAG ....

I think ... when the manufacturer devotes a little more time to fine-tune the Top pulse detector, or its final production it's just a good thing ...,

Finally, everyone wants to buy for their money ... the better tuned Detector ...

• Like 2

I guess that for anyone wanting this new machine... there's nothing we can do but wait. What helps me is knowing that every day that goes by, does get me 1 day closer to an announcement from Fisher... Hopefully

2 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Thank you ... for explaining LE.JAG ....

Ditto.  Provides some clarity.  Thanks

Just in case LE.JAG’s “Franglais” wasn’t crystal clear, when he wrote...

for once, FTP is not really at issue
it is (it was) a part under contract”

He is referring to a purchased-in component of the mechanical package (not the electronics) which failed to meet expectations.

This is separate from the certification issue.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, UtahRich said:

How long are we suppose to wait?  If it's a long enough wait, I can not wait, but still be waiting.  Know what I mean?

Rich. 

I refuse to spend my time waiting day by day (the watched pot never boils) and so at this point just figure I will have an Impulse in my hands before the end of the year. Fisher has still not even officially announced it so it's not reasonable to think this is going to happen anytime soon. If it does, that's great, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd rather expect it to take forever and be pleasantly surprised at some point than watch the clock on the wall, the minutes passing SO SLOWLY.................... :smile:

• Like 1

Exactly, none of this is preventing me from using my main 3 perfectly capable detectors, Deus, Equinox, and GPX in the mean time.  I'm detecting, not waiting.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Glenn in CO
      Some of the new metal detectors claim to work wonders in iron infested sites. There is one site that I wish to go back to and try and see if those claims are valid. I don't have any high hopes though at this particular site because of the amount of iron on the surface and below. This site was at the end of the railroad track for a period of about six months while the construction of new track was being laid. During those six months the site was a temporary camp and staging area for the railroad, stage and freighting companies to a booming mining town thirty miles away. According to history accounts this site had a "floating population" of several thousand. One can imagine the amount of chaos that went on and amount of coins and relics that were lost. As you will see in the photographs there is not much revealing as to where the site is. At first look other than the old railroad grade, there are no visible signs as to where was. As you begin to wander around the site you become amazed of the amount of iron, wire, tin cans etc. that covers the entire ground. The amount of oyster cans lying on top of the ground is incredible. Many years ago at this site we used a "roofers magnet" and had some success finding coins and relics. In one small area of 10ft x 10ft we raked and used the roofers magnet before searching the area with a detector. Even after using a rake and roofers magnet there was some iron targets remaining below the surface. The outcome of all that work we were rewarded with a 1853 Half Dime.
      The site:

Using the roofers magnet:

Our reward:

• By lost
      I am thinking of buying a nox 800 would like to know from anyone who has used it in Washinton State and Oregon. Would like to know how it preforms in my areas (I have a Sovereign GT and a AT Pro)the GT to heavy for me to use anymore. If you do use it what setting would you use. I hunt mainly for coins schools old parks. Thanks for the Help
    • By Steve Herschbach
      We all know why so let’s not go there. Here are a few ideas of prospecting and metal detecting related activities you can do at home.
      1. Research. This is the key to all truly successful prospecting and metal detecting. You need good locations to do well, and they are getting harder to find every year. Time spent researching is never time wasted.
      2. Take those detectors apart and give them the best cleaning ever. Make them look brand new! Are there spare parts you don’t have and maybe should have? Extra coil bolt and washers for instance. Think about this while cleaning the detector and get them ordered.
      3. Check all those old batteries and discard the ones that need to go away. If you have detectors that have been sitting for too long, take the batteries out if they are going to keep sitting. Charge everything up that can be charged.
      4. Time to clean house. Get that stuff you are never really ever going to use again up for sale or give it away.
      5. Go though all those finds and get them in order. Maybe some need to go in the trash. The best may need a display case. Good time to take photos and post a story!
      6. You know those bench test experiments you always meant to do but never get around to? Time for that and maybe a test garden or test tub to answer some of those questions for yourself that have been nagging you.
      7. Change the oil in that ATV or generator. Service all your support gear and vehicles.
      Please add your own suggestions to the list......
    • By JohnnyRox
      Got it off Ebay from a gent in California. 
      I also got an amp for it and it works pretty good for 22 bucks off Amazon.

And a straight shaft which fits the lower Minelab shaft almost perfectly for 20 bucks off Ebay.

Got the idea for the straight shaft from those crazy Aussies!  

• By vanursepaul
      Looking for tips on detecting tailing piles...
      I have the Equinox 800 and the Minelab 5000.
      and a lot of trashy tailing piles to detect !!!  🤠
      _________________________________-
      BTW----- Looks like we are running low on masks 😷 and gowns here in LA--- but we will survive--
      Vets have been exposed to tougher stuff than this!!!

Carry on and thanks for any tips on the tailing piles..
      paul
    • By sandiwilliams717
      Mr. Andy Sabisch is a great metal detectorist and a great man. He after me reaching out sent my husband a free autographed book of his and sent us his business card. My husband has been wanting a Vanquish propack since the mentioning of it being made and Mr Andy offered my husband a great deal. See some people may not know he sells metal detectors. Mr Andy and his wife at Treasure Hunting outfitters have impeccable customer service and truly great deals and Mr Andy will work with me and He's letting me make payments. My husband is going to be so stoked for his birthday present. He is so ready to get back to metal detecting. See not many people know this but metal detecting saved my husbands life he was deeply and darkly depressed and suicidal about 10 years ago. He had his left leg amputated at six in a hunting accident his leg was blown off by a 12 gauge shotgun. At 24 10 years ago. He had his right hip replacement and they told him never work again. He's been on SSI since. Gets very little money I had to work 3 jobs to pick up slack. He felt worthless, useless and he was lonely because I worked kids were always at school and after school programs. He was very close to killing himself. He saw a metal detecting video. And they told Him he could do anything like that but he fell deeply a Passionately in love and was set on fire to get out and find history and discovered a new and free and whole other part of himself in metal detecting. His pinpointer recently broke and he needed one and i mentioned the vanquish to Andy and he ran a amazing deal by me guys I couldn't refuse at all. Period. 590.00 for a pulse dive and a Vanquish 540  propack..... That's major savings and he guys go to Andy for all your metal detecting needs. If he doesn't have it which most likely does he will make sure he gets it for you and as quickly as he possibly can. So go to Andy y'all. Great person. Sales@TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com
      (734)230-1121. Oh promo going on 100.00 for pulse dive y'all. Crazy savings