Nugget Spread

54 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

You cant have been very good at detecting back then to leave all that gold for Geof & his wife. Or were you the guy in the 4x4 that was lost. 😂

JW 🤠

So there you go assuming ---and you know what that makes you----

Who's to say I???.... MAybe I got so much I couldnt walk out with any more..... too heavy and me shorts were falling off and the bungarrows were looking at me queer....

AND..... Im not greedy like the Kiwis are....

• Haha 3

Thanks for following up with the thread, Geof. And congrats to your awesome finds and the systematic mapping.  Keeps the legend alive that you need to go to Au to find kilo' s of gold with virtually no trash 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also great that you can do all this with your wife. My wife thinks I long lost my mind...

• Haha 1

Thanks for the comments guys. I only just had a chance to go on line today. 

Kiwijw the guy in the 4wd looked like an Aussie with his detecting thongs on, but the "gooday mate " in a yankee accent gave him away.🤐

I see no-one else has put up a map of their gold spread in a similar map so I guess I will have to put another one or two when I get time. At the moment I am getting setup for our 50th Wedding Anniversary on Valentine day (14/2/2020). Flying to Singapore to get on a cruise to Kelang(Kuala Lumpur),  Peneng, Phuket, Bali and back to Singapore. I will see what I can do with another map if time permits.

The small circle has an area as large as 3 Football playing grounds even though it is in the rich area a lot of time was needed to get those nuggets just try mowing that much lawn with a hand pushed "lawn mower". 

If you have found 2,3 or more nuggets anywhere please post a map/google screen shot of them with a scale to show how far they are apart. 

• Like 4

This is a patch already detected by a guy that sent us there to see if there was any thing left. We had ML 3000 the same as him. We got 40 nuggets most over a gram and a 8 gram bit. The scale is shown on the bottom for 100 metre. The circle is 400 metre across with an area of about 125,000 square metres. The smallest distance between nuggets is approx 6 metre and some nuggets were over 100 metres apart. As luck (bad) goes I got the first on the right hand side of the road/track and only got one more, on that side before I got to the left side of the road. For the sake of clarity of the screen capture I did not include one more nugget 100 metre SouthWest of the circle. This patch showed how you can miss nugget if you don't chain/grid a large area when you find or shown a spot

2110930213_Small40nuggetpatch.thumb.jpg.f0374f382fe55417e82cf2d4e4d8f647.jpg  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I like to detect in virgin ground. When I goto a new gold field-town I test the known spots to see what the ground is like.The screen shots below show that it has been bladed and detected. The first one is a  200 metre circle and the second is 150 metre across. Both spots are in a 2 km area. As these have been detected before it does not show the natural spread of gold, but shows the spread that I got. 

s1a.thumb.png.8fe402dec62a8093cc233942682733ca.png

s2a.thumb.jpg.a6efecc0ee2548c6f678799b36d099f0.jpg 

• Like 5

What you found is the detectable gold. Dry washing those concentrated areas could pay well.