5 Year Old Gpz 7000 Worth It To Buy??

Hi guys 

So I have my eye on a gpz 7000 here in nz for sale it's a good price 6500 nzd with 3 battery's and few other extras  looks in good condition coil still has original skid plate.. My question is does anyone know the expected life of gpz is buying a 5 year old Machine worth it? Or do I spend extra 3k to get brand new.. Has anyone had any issues on there early model ones through age etc.. 

Thought I'd just see people opinions before handing over any money etc 

The only thing that I know of that is an inherent warranty concern is the display screen developing obnoxious black lines or going completely blank. It might be worth contacting Minelab and see what the cost of repair would be. Other than that just be aware that the plastic used in the 7000 is just plain cheap. That being said, I have used mine for killing snakes (sorry Fred), fending off wild animals and even hauling it in my Jeep and it has survived just fine. You might want to put in a good inventory of lower shafts - about a half dozen or so. 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Klunker, klunker, klunker ... you don't know the 'effect' you have on people.  Let me give you an example.  (It is a complete thread hijack everyone.)

I'm sitting here reading your message and giving a laughing icon to it when my 2 year old comes up and points at the screen and says K.  (He can see that from a distance on my screen next to your name.)  He's learning the alphabet now so I repeat to him K, K.  He grabs me by the finger and takes me to his room and we play spelling games for 30 minutes and now I'm back to post about it.

Be careful Klunker, you have K powers you don't know how to control it seems.  Even 2 year olds are affected (infected?) by it.

Just like the Outer Limits ... you may now return to normal programming (thread).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Klunker

I see no reason for you to quality test your detector on innocent snakes....but, your testimony is a powerful recommendation for Gpz quality!

If money is not an issue, I would buy new. We have no idea what components have been improved since the first model came out.

I repeat, Buyer Beware

• Like 1

My two bobs worth.

I have had my ZED since a week after release in 2015, so 5 years in late February this year. It has never missed a beat and done thousands of hours now.

I would not hesitate to buy mine from myself if the price was right. Electronics by and large are very reliable these days, and will last for many years if looked after. 

I still have a Black and Decker drill that was made in England that is going strong 20 years on, and all the electrical components in my 32 year old Nissan Patrol are still working !

Cheers, Rick

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Be careful Klunker, you have K powers you don't know how to control it seems.  Even 2 year olds are affected (infected?) by it.

Far from it Mn. But my mind does have a lot in common with a two year olds'. In order to remain somewhat on topic -- What will be his first detector?

Yep...mine developed a line down the screen and ML said send it in and they'd fix it free of charge even though it's a couple of years out of warranty. I would, but I'm still using it and need it. The line doesn't affect anything anyway. If it were to get too bad then yeah I might send it in.

I don't abuse mine, but I use it the way it was intended and it does get bashed and knocked and bounced around in the back of the ute and has bounced off the quad a few times.

It might not look pretty but it has never skipped a beat or broken a thing and works as good as the day I got it.....better actually with the upgrades.

5 year old is nothing, age is not the concern...condition is.

• Like 5

I'm learning a lot from him and Google.  It is about once a day now he points at the Home Speaker and says Goooogllle when he wants to hear some dance music.