Important Update On Miccus Sr-71 Headphones

If there is anyone that has the latest version of these headphones and it appears there is a real issue with pairing, try reverting to an earlier version of the Equinox firmware and give it a another try. We are assuming the issues are with the Miccus update and overlooking that it could also be the last Equinox update involved.

• Thanks 1

Steve,

Just to add to this, a bit, I can also confirm that the 5.0 Miccus set paired on my Equinox, which is running the newest firmware (2.0), for what that's worth.  This has been a difficult "mess" to try and get to the bottom of...like you say, it's obvious Miccus has heard from a number of folks with pairing issues (hence, their statement about possible incompatibility).  From what I can tell, and as you noted, it is most likely largely a "user error" situation, with respect to the pairing process.  Couple that with perhaps a few cases where the EQX control boxes actually are at fault -- i.e. have pairing issues, AND then perhaps a few sets of defective headphones themselves...mix it all together...and it makes it tough to sort the fact from the fiction and get to the actual, root cause of the situation.

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Miccus SR-71 5.0 bluetooth will not work on Equinox 800. Equinox is bluetooth 4.2.

Trond TD-BH01 if it is bluetooth 4.2 will work on the Equinox 800.

How do I know? I own both of the above headphones. Trond has better fidelity than the Minelab wireless headphones SL-80 for the Equinox. This is just my opinion.

I bought these to just give them a try. I really like the way they talk to you. The noise canceling feature is cool (I don't know how it works but it does) but makes it harder to hear your pin pointer so I rarely use it. They are very affordable which is why I tried them. I noticed they would make a really static like sound sometimes and was concerned but have since found out there's just bad junk in the ground causing it. Anyways for $25 I bought another pair for back up. Oh, they pair up way better than my original headphones. I turn on the machine and when its gone through start up I turn these on..you hear power on then it either says pairing then connected or just connected and power off when you shut them down. Also disconnected if you get to far away from your machine or shut down the machine and leave the headphones on. To me they sound good. 

Screenshot_20200318-005949.png

maxxkatt -- I have confirmed that Miccus Bluetooth 5.0 headphones WILL work perfectly with the Equinox -- at least they do on my machine, and one of my hunting partners' machines.  

I'm not sure why you are having trouble with yours, but I don't believe it to be an overall incompatibility between Miccus 5.0 phones, and the Equinox.  It could be a bad set of phones, or a mistake in the pairing process, not sure, but I don't think it's a universal issue of incompatibility.

Steve

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i lost my M/L phones last year and bought the miccus and had no problems.  How did i lose them?  I'll chalk it up to first year off the leash syndrome.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a pair of the Miccus SR-71s. I tried 6-8 times to pair them with my EQX 600 with no luck. I finally turned to my IT person (my wife) for help. She had similar problems at first but after getting the headphones to pair with her phone she was able to get them to pair with the EQX on the next try. I'm not sure why this would be the case but figured I would share.

• Like 3

On 3/18/2020 at 1:17 AM, Tometusns said:

I bought these to just give them a try. I really like the way they talk to you. The noise canceling feature is cool (I don't know how it works but it does) but makes it harder to hear your pin pointer so I rarely use it. They are very affordable which is why I tried them. I noticed they would make a really static like sound sometimes and was concerned but have since found out there's just bad junk in the ground causing it. Anyways for $25 I bought another pair for back up. Oh, they pair up way better than my original headphones. I turn on the machine and when its gone through start up I turn these on..you hear power on then it either says pairing then connected or just connected and power off when you shut them down. Also disconnected if you get to far away from your machine or shut down the machine and leave the headphones on. To me they sound good. 

Screenshot_20200318-005949.png

A link would help ?

45 minutes ago, KD0CAC said:

A link would help ?

I'm sorry. I bought them from eBay but just looked and could not find them available now. 

Found them on Amazon for about about $50...https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-BT-300ANC-Wireless-Over-Headphones/dp/B07JZKJ8MR/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 so not as good a deal as Tometusns

Problem is they say APTX in the Q&A but not in the specs and also not explicitly APTX LL.

Tom, can you verify that they connect to Equinox in true APTX LL mode (i.e., with bluetooth symbol showing a "+" sign next to it on the Equinox control panel).   Thanks.