Important Update On Miccus Sr-71 Headphones

I do realize that there is issues , faults all over the place .

Generally , maybe partially because of age I get frustrated with over complication , it seems to me most that are younger grew up with all the extra bs and are just use to it / don't know the difference .  

I've been in one business or another for over 50 yrs. and see an endless gouging [ started at the top and everyone below has to gouge to keep going ] that is just getting older faster than I am ;(

Probably pissed some , my way of thinking is you can only piss yourself off , either that what you want or ? 

8 hours ago, KD0CAC said:

Generally , maybe partially because of age I get frustrated with over complication , it seems to me most that are younger grew up with all the extra bs and are just use to it / don't know the difference .  

I'm kind of surprised by this statement because you know your way around a soldering iron and circuit board like nobody's business.  Wish I had that skill.  I'm all thumbs and love to burn up electronic components if I try to dive in myself, but the throway nature of surface mount micro-electronics makes DIY repair hard these days.

I'm in my latest 50's, so yeah, I might fit into your younger gadget demographic :wink:, but here are some headphone models I have found that work with Equinox just fine and that are still available out there(the $30 earbud models are admittedly hard to find now):

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/pro-headphones?matchtype=&network=u&device=c&adposition=&keyword=&campaign={shopping}&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7qn1BRDqARIsAKMbHDajJK-O_Yzqs8ndhX3vp3376Zomq4bZ4rSWihl9685bufjvR2h6fncaAgn0EALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IEHIMLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A0EAYDI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another option for folks who have a 600 and didn't get a WM08 wireless receiver module is to go with a small bluetooth APTX LL transceiver into which you can plug your favorite wired cans:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHSX28M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4W40VC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I guess I will put in the YMMV disclaimer because of the myriad of compatibility issues that have been reported, but I can say these have worked with my primary and backup Nox's and I have paired some of these with the Vanquish (not a fan of the ML branded phones, they sound muddy to me, but maybe just because I had the Miccus phones for a time well before I got the Equinox so perhaps got used to how they sounded vs. the ML Equinox wireless phones).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KD0CAC said:

This is not Minelabs issue - kinda ?

Well they picked the headphones .

Might have to find another supplier / manufacture of metal detectors , someone who will not leave customers in a deep dark hole ?

Especially when they jackup the price by 2-3 times ?

No, it is not Minelab’s issue, because this thread is not about the Minelab included headphones, it is about Miccus aftermarket headphones. The current Miccus version is different than what Minelab includes with Equinox or sells separately. There is no problem with the Minelab supplied headphone.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Anybody else a little or more unhappy .

Not in the slightest, life is good in my world, thanks for asking. Best wishes for you and yours. :smile:

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised by this statement because you know your way around a soldering iron and circuit board like nobody's business.  Wish I had that skill.  I'm all thumbs and love to burn up electronic components if I try to dive in myself, but the throway nature of surface mount micro-electronics makes DIY repair hard these days. "   Chase Goldman 

What I am referring to age wise , is programing / computer controlled , vs. circuit board work - thats just mechanical  working with my hand/eye coordination .

Or put another way - I could be a brain surgeon , I can work on brains / but cannot work with brains 😉

Or , my hands & eyes are coordinated , but the brain - hand coordination is problematic 

Thanks for the links .

• Like 1

Got delivered today through Amazon , tried pairing twice by turning the detector on and then  headphones , and off and on a 2nd time .

Then the 3rd time turned on the detector , then the headphones - paired with the + works good .

Now to go out & play .

And the price was ok also , https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A0EAYDI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Chase 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 5:07 PM, KD0CAC said:

Got delivered today through Amazon , tried pairing twice by turning the detector on and then  headphones , and off and on a 2nd time .

Then the 3rd time turned on the detector , then the headphones - paired with the + works good .

Now to go out & play .

And the price was ok also , https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A0EAYDI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Chase 

You had me scared there for a second...lol.  Glad they worked out.

• 6 months later...

7 months later , these have been working very well , maybe 😉

The only issue was the last time out , the most target rich environment I've ever been , non-stop audio .

Good spot to get to know detector fast , endless targets , good & trash .

This was the 1st time I had this issue , and cannot confirm where the issue was coming from [ not enough time to bother with all the goodies ] but what would happen is a couple to 3 times during the 3 hrs. - the audio would drastically drop - still could hear , but slowed down to listen , then it would come back to normal level after just a couple seconds .

Dang now winter is in & out and the river beach is freezing up ;(

With a couple months in between uses , still did not have to pair - just turn on the 800 & headphones and connected automatically  . 

• Like 2

Glad they are working well for you KDOCAC . I have been using a pair of them with my Nox for more than two years , with complete satisfaction . While i wouldn't recommend it to anyone else i have worn them in fairly heavy rain without a problem . They have also had some heavy knocks when dropped on rocks and cement , and still going . I wore out the studs that the Miccus cups rotate on to the point where the cups snapped off the headband . Minelab did replace them but by then i had found the Avantree and have not gone back . Good hunting .

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 2:19 AM, sandiwilliams717 said:

Hello and all whom are interestedin the miccus headphones for the Equinox please consider the AUSDOM ANC7 low latency with automatic noise cancel bluetooth headphones. Which are even cheaper than the miccus on ebay. Some are even colored red and black or black on carbon fiber. They are extremely fast and able to pair quickly and they look almost identical to the miccus in shape. These below are on ebay for 41.00 and I guarantee you will not regret it and I have had mine now over 1 1/2 years and they still work perfectly

Screenshot_20210414-021717.png

I just ordered a pair of these. I’m one of what seems like the few who actually really likes the ml80s. My ml80s are getting pretty ratty so I ordered a pair of the avantrees however they are made for extra large heads and fit loosely.  If these ausdom phones fit like the ml80s I’ll be pleased.  Plus I’m looking forward to seeing how well the noise cancelling works. 

Just a word of possible caution...

From what I can tell, the ANC7 phones are NOT aptX-LL.  All of the specs I've seen for them, say they are aptX, but I haven't seen anything to say they are LL (low latency...)

Steve