Vanquish Shipping To Dealers After Nine Months

The Minelab Vanquish was first reported as in development in April 2019 and is finally now shipping to dealers worldwide. I am not counting the early pre-release to one big box store, Dicks Sporting Goods. This also was not unexpected. Almost all dealers except a few told customers not to expect the detector until early 2020. In that regard the Vanquish is pretty much on target. Still, I wanted to officially note that it has been nine months passing between first mention and general widespread availability. The trend, and it’s not just Minelab, has been for ever earlier mentions of detectors on the way. The Nokta/Makro Simplex and Fisher Impulse are a couple other recent examples. It appears that waiting up to a year or more is not out of the realm of possibilities.

I’m just putting this out there to generally address the inevitable “when’s it going to ship” questions that arise when new detectors are announced. The answer is, later rather than sooner, and don’t hold your breath. :smile:

• Like 1

Regarding the real availability of the Vanquish detector ... I can say ... that my minelab Vanquish 340 detector was sent to me today, so European dealers are starting to send detectors from the first shipment.

Steve,

Thanks for posting the info about the Vanquish.  This is where I think Minelab, and Fisher for that matter, have it wrong.  Look back to last year and the excitement and dialogue about the new machine.  I remember following it and getting jazzed myself.  Now, nine months later, all that comes to mind is "meh" as my son would say.  Minelab let the interest dip into a flatline lull but not having the Vanquish ready to go in a timely manner.  Now maybe it will go gangbusters but in my world when you tease a product you need to have it ready to sell or else buyers move on.  Fisher would do well to give that some thought while they continue their tight-lipped launch of the Impulse AQ. 

Just my humble two cents.

Bill

• Like 2

Thanks for the info on how you find the vanquish.  Looks like a great machine.  As someone that wants to get into detecting, but doesn't have a machine yet, this looks like a great place to start.  Need to save up for one.

It's a little overwhelming with all the machines out there.  And I decided not to go down the route of a super cheap machine and getting disappointed.

• Like 1

Hi

I have tested the Simplex+ during several hours for a shop here in France .  It is good machine with some drawbacks however  , it is front heavy 1,42kg and there are no optional coils available other than the big 11inches stock coil.

I have not yet tested the vanquish but it is seems  lighter ( 1,3kg for the 540 , 1,2kg for the 340 )  , 3 coils available. But it is not waterproof  this could be an issue in some situations ( high hygrometry in the air for example )

I think that the Vanquish will be better than the Simplex , but this has to be confirmed , I will inform you on my tests as soon as I have the Vanquish

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 12:41 PM, palzynski said:

I have tested the Simplex+ during several hours for a shop here in France .  It is good machine with some drawbacks however  , it is front heavy 1,42kg....

'Heavy' is of course a relative term.  1.42 kg (3.13 lb) is not heavy even in 2020.  Yes, there are lighter detectors.  I think the XP Deus still holds the record, but as has been discussed here many times, balance is more important than weight and the ergonomic gold standard Fisher F75 is ~3.5 lb (1.6 kg).

If you meant 'toe heavy', then yes.  But the Simplex would still share that feature with most detectors under 3.5 lb, assuming attached to a moderate sized coil.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:07 AM, GB_Amateur said:

'Heavy' is of course a relative term.  1.42 kg (3.13 lb) is not heavy even in 2020.  Yes, there are lighter detectors.  I think the XP Deus still holds the record, but as has been discussed here many times, balance is more important than weight and the ergonomic gold standard Fisher F75 is ~3.5 lb (1.6 kg).

If you meant 'toe heavy', then yes.  But the Simplex would still share that feature with most detectors under 3.5 lb, assuming attached to a moderate sized coil.

GB_amateur , the weight of a detector  is not a relative term , a weight can be measured and it gives a very good idea of the ergonomy of a machine ( ease of swinging ). Have you ever tried an XP Deus or Orx ? If not , compare the Deus(0,85kg)/Orx( 0,74g) with a Simplex+ ( 1,4kg ) , you will see that there is a huge difference in ergonomy between them. With an Orx I can spend several hours detecting without any pb. With the Simplex+ I have to use an harness otherwise I am sure to have issues with my back in the coming months ..… All the efforts done by the manufacturers to reduce the weight of their machines are welcome . Fisher for example who will propose their new Impulse AQ at 1,5kg instead 2,4kg for a GPX. 

4 hours ago, palzynski said:

GB_amateur , the weight of a detector  is not a relative term , a weight can be measured and it gives a very good idea of the ergonomy of a machine ( ease of swinging ). Have you ever tried an XP Deus or Orx ? If not , compare the Deus(0,85kg)/Orx( 0,74g) with a Simplex+ ( 1,4kg ) , you will see that there is a huge difference in ergonomy between them. With an Orx I can spend several hours detecting without any pb. With the Simplex+ I have to use an harness otherwise I am sure to have issues with my back in the coming months ..… All the efforts done by the manufacturers to reduce the weight of their machines are welcome . Fisher for example who will propose their new Impulse AQ at 1,5kg instead 2,4kg for a GPX. 

And none of "light" these machines you mention come anywhere close to the $300 - $400 price point of the Vanquish or Simplex.  There is a price for micropackaging the electronics and that would price these machines out of their intended  entry level demographic.

BTW - the latest information I have shows Impulse AQ closer to 2 kg vice 1.5 kg.

I am not sure that the cost difference between a Deus/Orx and a Vanquish/Simplex only comes from the electronics micropackaging.
The Xps are designed and assembled in France while the Vanquish/Simplex are assembled in Asia. This may be an important part 
of the cost difference . For info at the moment in France the best price for an Orx is around 600e , there is only 200e difference 
with a Simplex . While the simplex is a good machine the Orx is far better to me in terms of ergonomy and electronics , I am 
not saying this because I am French … 😊

• Like 1

However I am interested by the Vanquish 540 + 12inches coil because it is multifrequency , then it should be better than my Deus HF  on deeply buried big coins