Finally Got A Good 39 Signal!

StevenB

Great hunt, thanks for sharing - when it feels right dig it!

• Like 2

Congrats Steve !  Beautiful coins.  Sounds like an outing you won't forget.

My 800 has turned up a 34-35 (deep walking half)  I'll look forward to the 39. 

Thanks for the post and pics.

Rich - 

• Like 1

Excellent...congrats!!!!  Those coins are in great condition.

Lately I have been wanting to ask the forum if anyone has found a keeper on a 39 signal. You beat me to it with these coins....Thanx for posting.

I've been digging quite a few 39's only to come up with deep rusty nails. These signals are not a constant 39 though...the TID moves on a range of high 20's to mid 30's and then bounces around the 38/39 area. As of late, I simply walk upon seeing the 39. If the 39 does not show, then I dig. 

I have a site where the potential for 1800's coins exist. Got my first Walker there and I think it was in the 34-35 range. Could I have walked away from a silver dollar?  Have to rethink how I hunt this place now. 

• Like 1

Great finds, now if I can only talk my neighbors into letting me check out their fields.

8 hours ago, Happa54 said:

I've been digging quite a few 39's only to come up with deep rusty nails. These signals are not a constant 39 though...the TID moves on a range of high 20's to mid 30's and then bounces around the 38/39 area. As of late, I simply walk upon seeing the 39. If the 39 does not show, then I dig.

Thanks everyone, what a thrill!
I've noticed the same effect as Happa54.  This one was different because the ID was pretty consistently in the upper 30's range.  Incidentally, I've found that I still dig lots of rusty nails despite using the upgraded Iron Bias function.  It has almost completely eliminated rusty bottle caps, but nails not as much.

That would be a once in a life time for me too.

Thanks for sharing.

:smile:

• Like 1