The X-coil Has Landed

mn90403

Mitchel, glad you also received your 15" x 10" X-coil and have some resources to make the connector mods. As soon as I'm ready & able, I'll be doing my cut & solder using Chet's, Dave's & Phrunt's instructions...all good info!

Not trying to start some more GPZ coil wars, but on the GPZ 7000 AUS FB page I found this on the NF coils:

"I hear that Rohan will be making the patch lead for you  Still need to cut the plug from the original coil to make the patch lead"☹️

Bill

I was just teasing about the Oz a day!!!

I understand having family and obligations....now I have  Other issues.

Phrunt if I have broke even over the years I would be happy....but, it is the hunt and the thrills I crave.... cost is no object for my one hobby!

I wish you all success as you define success...

fred

• Like 2

Best of luck to you Simon on your new coils and your back healing up. I have to admit to feeling left out of it all. That small coil is what I had always wanted for my GPZ and if Minelab had followed through on making one I would have been far less likely to have sold my mine. At this point I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you and others. :smile:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I've now worked out how to connect a coil to my GPZ 🙂 that took me a while to work out the secret trick to move the arm cuff forward to slide the control box forward to get to the cables!  They obviously made it Simon proof.

Your not the only simple Simon around.😄 I had to go to Youtube to find out how to change coils.

1 minute ago, Reg Wilson said:

Just can't believe it runs so smooth.

My youngest lad may have just made the decision not to play footy this year, which would free up my entire autumn, winter, spring!  Might finally get a chance to get across and have a play with an x-coil  👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

Poor Mitchel too, he's got his coil, waiting on his adapter to be made!! At least he can look and admire his coil. 🙂

I'm not in that much of a hurry Simon because I want it done right.  I've done and shown him everything you and Chet sent me and I've been doing some beach detecting while I wait.

NOW I've been saddled with jury duty next week which means I have to check the jury duty website each night to know if I have to show up the next day in downtown Los Angeles.  I won't be able to leave the area so I'll be watching your exploits once again!

• Haha 1

How did that new man thing work out for you Simon?