The X-coil Has Landed

mn90403

16 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Did you guys put a female connector on your donor coil cable?

Nope.  My donor coil was garbage.  

My two key pieces of advise if you are doing this yourself is, ohm it out often and be sure to get that strain relief clamp on there good. 

• Like 1

I'm still on jury duty so I can impatiently wait.  haha  I hope now to get it tomorrow and use it on Friday and Saturday when it warms up.

Well Fred, let it rain.  I'll still be able to try it.

This is not a magic coil.  It is not going to make me hear any better and it will not make gold or meteorites reappear.  If I already have them in my poke I won't find them again.  I'm just going to use that as a clue to where there may still be some gold.  It seems to work for JW but I don't know if it will work for me.

You and everyone else will know.  I've heard from some that find a bit of unseen gold and seen it happen with Chet.  I'll just do the best I can and it's kinda like one of those days when you have a good pool stroke or a special pool stick.  Things can happen just right but then there are those days when ...

• Like 1

Simon,

There is a shortcut to the process.

Find a spot where the old timers and Chinese were finding gold and then work those places as if no coil has ever been used on it.

Mitchel

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Simon,

There is a shortcut to the process.

Find a spot where the old timers and Chinese were finding gold and then work those places as if no coil has ever been used on it.

Mitchel

No shortcuts, them there spots mostly have been flogged to death in Oz where we have a pop of 1/10th of yours MN, can only imagine how it is in the US. Dunno about NZ but with JWs thoroughness and patience, suspect you`ve got more chance of winning lotto. Nah if you have the time go for virgin patches, nothing beats many long hard days of zilch and then suddenly your amongst it, even multiple gold signals in a swing. Once you`ve cracked your first virgin patch, a positive attitude becomes much easier because you realize that is all that is needed. Heh I`m not saying there`s no gold left in flogged places and if that is your thing, so be it, still that positive attitude is the go.

Coil sizes for the Z, we went from drought to a flood, on ya X coil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, phrunt said:

No coil except JW's 🙂 he doesn't miss much! 

He shows you what he missed every time he goes out but by chance you might find a spot he didn't think of so you are a smart guy.  Get your maps, put them on the wall of your detector room and throw darts or read them.  You will end up at different places unless you are a champion dart thrower.  haha

JW has taken you to spots.  Now you know what gold country looks like.  Stop when you see it.  

46 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Nah if you have the time go for virgin patches, nothing beats many long hard days of zilch and then suddenly your amongst it, even multiple gold signals in a swing. 

Yep.  And that gives you confidence that you can find more …. zilch days..  ha ha.

But yeah, nothing beats "your" patch, your secret.  Keeping one nugget location a secret is easy, but a patch …. you just want to tell the world how awesome you were to find that patch that at least 50+ prospectors (minimum) walked by.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Andyy said:

But yeah, nothing beats "your" patch, your secret.  Keeping one nugget location a secret is easy, but a patch …. you just want to tell the world how awesome you were to find that patch that at least 50+ prospectors (minimum) walked by.

Aie is very tempting to "tell the world" as it is an achievement to our ancient hunter/gatherer genes, but after suffering the consequences of "sharing" a few times one becomes a wee secretive. Utube has many vids of such finds but also abounds with dark stories of the folly of viding and sharing.

• Like 2