The X-coil Has Landed

mn90403

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

even multiple gold signals in a swing

🤩😍  Won't that be a glorious day!!  

Prospected all day yesterday.  Dry panned, detected, searched high and low on some private property - it was a zilch day.  Which means I am 1 day closer to a great day  🤞

• Like 3

A new patch beats flogged ground any day. These days I tell no one about my 'spots'. I have had claims put on spots that I was foolish enough to have shared information on.

PS  No doubt about you Adam, you are a bloody optimist. (an important part of being a prospector)  

PPS Beatty can't keep his mouth shut about 'spots' (I told you I would never let you forget it)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

No doubt about you Adam, you are a bloody optimist

I am definitely a glass half full person. 

An optimist will tell you the glass is half full. 
A pessimist will tell you the glass is half empty. 
An engineer will tell you the glass is twice as big as is obviously required. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Northeast said:

I am definitely a glass half full person. 

An optimist will tell you the glass is half full. 
A pessimist will tell you the glass is half empty. 
An engineer will tell you the glass is twice as big as is obviously required. 

I'm a realist.  I would say that you had a glass with milk in it. 😄

• Haha 2

Aie NE you just need the time to accompany that optimism and the sun touched condition that ceases listening to that voice in the head that says "you have a better chance if you swing back where it`s been found before". 😉 but listens to that other voice that says "heh I do this to get fresh air and sunshine" Nothing wrong with us as long as we listen to those voices...………...…..😉

• Like 2

You go, Simon!!  Now you are going to need a new pair of boots... probably a new water pack as well.  And with all that digging you're going to be doing you may need a new pick.  

Oh wait, you're broke now because you just got your first GPZ, yet alone the golden Xcoils.  LOL.  Maybe JW will let you borrow his bike. 

• Haha 1

The adapter has landed.  I picked it up this afternoon late.  My jury duty is over.  I was not called to serve. 

Originally I was going to go out tonight and be out early in the morning but that plan has changed.  I'm going to try and get out for a 1 day hunt on Saturday morning before the rain.

My splicer said he went according to the PDF that Simon sent me and the online videos.  He followed them completely and has tested the connector for shorts.  He told me that he has done about 40 coils over the years but these wires required a bit more care.  I don't mind.  

It is too late for me to test tonight.  I can test tomorrow.

While I'm waiting I'd like to hear from those with an X what settings you have used and it be effective.

Mitchel

IMG_0159.JPG

• Like 1

The only diff I found between the X10x15 for the short run I had with it on very variable ground is you can up the sensitivity somewhat, over the X 15. Thus knowing what the performance upgrade from the ML 14 to the X15 was, you are in for a pleasant surprise. Settings are a very individual thing suggest you use it as you used the ML14 and perhaps give it a bit more juice as you get the feel of it. Then once you`ve are getting gold with it and when you really want to open up those thrashed places, try manual GB as I`ve suggested in other threads over the years and in a current thread. 

The early bird gets the worm but if your not the early bird you get wormed...………………..😪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My 15x10 arrived a few days ago. Haven t had a chance to use it yet. To much rain here

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Mitchell, I recommend you tape the adapter like JW and NuggetHunterNZ have to give it extra strength... Just use some good quality electrical tape or your favorite adhesive tape, the Gorilla tapes are good.   The more wraps the better as it will stiffen your adapter right up.  Your guy must have missed that bit in the instructions 🙂

He is leaving that part up to me.  I have that good Gorilla black tape.  Not a problem.