The X-coil Has Landed

mn90403

It works! 

Now sometime early I'll be going out to use it.  I'm going to a place that has many patches and we've hit it pretty hard.  The last 10 times I've been there I'd say I've only found gold 3 times.  This was a place where my highest number count of Z nuggets was 12 in a day.  I'd say it is not a real 'challenge' to the coil from a physical standpoint as it is mostly sand and slopes.

The wind is going to pick up so maybe a bit of detecting before dawn?

My best hope is a nugget or two at one of the places.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Let me guess the location. Randsburg district? 🙂

Keep guessing.  I've never found that much gold there.

Benson Gulch and Goler Gulch are heavily worked, but....there is a spot where I fond gold consistently. Needs a bit of hiking though, but it is in the El Pasos. Dale district?

31 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Keep guessing.  I've never found that much gold there.

There is still quiet a bit...small stuff though, like this 2 grammer, but I hardly get skunked when I go there. The landscape is absolutely incredible.

El Pasos-5.JPG

El Pasos-4.JPG

El Pasos-1.JPG

El Pasos-6.JPG

El Pasos-7.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't know that one.

I've found some gold at the Dale, my first piece was there in 2010 or 11.  But keep guessing.

I belong to Taft, GPAA and PCSC.

Ha, I am a member of all three as well. Hardly make it to outings though as I live in the Bay area. Used to live in San Diego and still drive down to the El Pasos every now and then. Just mesmerized by the desert landscape there. See you around on there some times 🙂 BTW, only found one tiny piece around red chispa. Not much left there 

Oh, there is another one ... OC 49ers.  It takes a 4WD to get to their claim back in there.  The dry washers have been hitting it the last couple of years and it is almost dead now also.

• Like 1

I'll go to Barstow and try to stay out of the wind.  It will be near freezing at sun up.  We found some gold up high but it is flat near Coolgardie.  

• Like 1