Beautiful Day Monday, And My Buddy And I Had A Nice Hunt...

steveg

Happa -- I agree.  It IS an interesting subject.  I learned ALOT about this, years ago, when watching a couple of my hunting partners, who are very talented/experienced detectorists.  There is a lot more to "finding stuff" than one might imagine, at first blush.  Anyone can pick up a machine and swing it, but those that can find what they are searching for, consistently, have a good many "tricks up their sleeves," that are not always readily apparent.  Having a "mentor," or two, has been invaluable for me, and I can't begin to describe how important all that knowledge that they are willing to share, has been for me. 

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Nice digs there Steve, not many five silver days popping up these days!

Still would love to see you and TomCA go at it in an EQ800 vs Exp2 deep turf hunt some day 🙂

Thanks, Brian!

I'd love to hunt with Tom sometime, but I think his mind is pretty made up!  Truthfully, I'd love to hunt with you both!  Maybe someday that can happen.  

Thanks!

Steve

16 hours ago, steveg said:

Thanks, Brian!

I'd love to hunt with Tom sometime, but I think his mind is pretty made up!  Truthfully, I'd love to hunt with you both!  Maybe someday that can happen.  

Thanks!

Steve

Would definitely be fun to meet up.  We need to research something interesting between CA and OK....hmmm....I'm sure there's some interesting fort sites or something between here and there we could research 🙂

Brian -- most definitely, there are.  That sounds like a lot of fun...

Steve