Found A Compadre Today

I found this nice tesoro compadre at the local goodwill today for less than $20. 

I couldn't resist buying it. Took it home and put in a new battery and it works great.  it must be an older one because it has a metal coil screw.  

0129201436.jpg

0129201437.jpg

0129201436a.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, devilsrenegade said:

I found this nice tesoro compadre at the local goodwill today for less than $20.

Wow, that's like finding a > 2 gram gold nugget!  Looks like it's hardly been out of the box.

2 hours ago, devilsrenegade said:

it must be an older one because it has a metal coil screw.

Hmmm.  Is it possible the original screw was lost and replaced?  Regardless, a great find and sounds like you've already gotten your money's worth in satisfaction alone.  Looking forward to your posts of the finds it garners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also have a Compadre in my arsenal,mine had the conversion done at the UK repair centre that allows you to use other 5 pin Tesoro coils,main coil that i use on this detector is the 4'' hockey puck for ford/river crossings looking for roman votive offerings and also fine gold jewellery that has been lost when mums take kids down to paddle in the local stream.

With the small 4'' coil on you dont get as much drag from the swift running river,Compadre certainly loves small gold items.

You certainly got a bargain for $20 for sure.

• Like 3

Found this today at a tot lot with the compadre. Thought l had gold at first but when l checked the hallmark it said 925 . The compadre is hot on small targets !

0130201623a.jpg

0130201630.jpg

• Like 6

what a steal of a deal!!!!

I have a Compadre too.   They are nice little units.  Mine has an equal place in my rotation.   I'm surprised every one doesn't own one.   My wife really likes it to because the weight is just right for her and she likes the simple beep dig.

HH
Mike

• Like 4

I have owned every type Compadre model made, even the European Compadre Pro. The earlier model ones did come with a metal bolt.

That is a steal for $20. Would bring $120+ on Ebay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul B said:

I have owned every type Compadre model made, even the European Compadre Pro. The earlier model ones did come with a metal bolt.

That is a steal for $20. Would bring $120+ on Ebay.

I also have the Amigo ll. From what I understand it is the same as the early compadre's.