Sign in to follow this  
mn90403

Do You Know Your Templars?

Thats pretty cool Mitchel. Do you watch The Curse Of Oak Island? Knights Templar....treasure....

JW 🤠

I forced myself to watch 30 minutes of that show one time and I can't do it again!

Did they find a biker ring too?

8 hours ago, geof_junk said:

"I don't know nothing" but this link might get you started.

................LINK...............

I did similar links and searches before I posted.  I read about the red there.  

18 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I forced myself to watch 30 minutes of that show one time and I can't do it again!

I actually really like that program. Not so much the way Discovery Channel drag it out & continually repeat stuff but the actual history & searches over the years. I knew very little to nothing about the Knights Templars & their history prior to the supposed find of the little lead cross on Oak Island & the research done trying to find out its origin. The connection with the Freemasons/Templars through to the present. I found it fascinating. If nothing else comes out of Oak Island then I learnt something that intrigues me with the Knights Templars & what they did & what they started. How they were screwed over by Kings/Queens & even the Pope. Nothing has changed when it comes to power, greed & control of people when it comes to religion & Governments. I will say no more on that.

36 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Did they find a biker ring too?

No but they found that lead cross, supposedly, & numerous other features, not just on Oak Island but throughout Nova Scotia, that mostly were related to the Templar Cross symbol. There is a connection too that the native people were affected & influenced by the presents of a people from a foreign land. All this way before Christopher Columbus "discovered" The New Land.

I think the Legena's are onto something & I wish them well.

Any way.....I enjoy it, despite how Discovery drag it out. I just fast forward all the repeats.

JW 🤠

• Thanks 1

I also right clicked on the picture of the ring and selected 'search Google for Image' and that didn't help.  You can do this on many images and get an exact location or similar item or face.

Try it ... it will scare you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By strick
      The wife and I spent a night at a small town beach area back in mid Feb...we brought our detectors just for fun...not my first pick as it's cold and windy most of the time with not many people  but my wife likes these areas north of Petaluma as she grew up in that area...Lisa was learning her new Nox 800...she found a few coins and lots of trash...I got lucky as I did not expect to find a gold ring...at first I thought it was 10K but it acid tests 14K like it's stamped....not the prettiest ring but gold is gold....the little one is silver.... some lady and her 5 year old daughter were on their hands and knees watching as I sifted it out of the sand...they were as surprised as I was..
      strick

• By Againstmywill
      Hit the football field close to home today for a few hours. About 20 minutes in, a strong 7/8 blared out. Down about 1-2 inches was the 14K ring. Only change after that, but it was great to find gold again. 15" Equinox coil covering ground again today; love that coil.

• By Againstmywill
      So, went back out with the Equinox today to the park that had a lot of change. I hit a spot this time that was busier the last time I was at the park. There were many pieces of flat metal littered all over the place which gave very nice sounding 23's on the display. Almost $4 in change in 1 1/2 hours today. There was also a screaming 11/12 that was so sweet. Imagine my smile when I flipped the plug up and saw the yellow edge gleaming in the sun. As in most things, don't count your chickens before they're hatched. The ring is a golden specimen of electroplated stainless steel. 🙁 Almost at the vehicle I had a 27/28 on the display. I dug down about an inch in the grass and came up with a 1964 dime. Still more grass to cover and jewelry to find!

• By Againstmywill
      Was out today using the 15" on a local softball field. Park 1, 18 sensitivity, all metal, 7 recovery speed, 0 iron bias, ground balanced.
      Granted, I could have found this with my first detector, an Ace 100, but the 15" on the Equinox sure covers the ground. This ring was at most 1" deep. I knew it was either a few quarters or a silver ring. I was just thinking today as I was detecting before finding this that my silver ring count was low; I have found more gold than silver. Ironic. And no, I am not complaining.😉

• By The Seeker
      I haven’t been getting out as much compared to last year.  This is my first gold for the year and first silver (1858 seated dime). I got to the beach at 5 am for low tide and surprisingly I was the only Detectorist out there.  Maybe the slight rain and the lack of sand movement kept everyone else at home.  There were almost no targets on the wet sand but somehow I managed to snag this 14k bracelet. The silver dime, Indian head and most coins were from a spot that has given up a few oldies in the past.  Good luck out there and HH.

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I recently returned from a MD’ing trip to Cancun and the 3 of us used Minelab Equinox detectors.
      Finds included 100’s of coins, probably 10+ pairs of sun glasses, with 1 of them being Ray-Bans, 2 cell phones, numerous ear rings with 1 of them being 14K gold and another was a diamond stud.  Chains, bracelets and metals, some broken and others hole.  Over 30+ rings with many sterling, a few of the modern Tungsten and Stainless wedding bands and even gold rings (both white and yellow gold).  2 rings really popped out that were both 14K gold.  One was the blue sapphire with diamonds and the other a wedding ring with a nice 1+ karats of diamonds.  Even the 1st time lady digger scored a nice 14K white gold wedding band with a couple cool sterling rings.  I managed 21 of the 30 rings so I won't complain but the amount of gold was certainly off my standards.  Pic of rings on my hand were the ones I found minus a sterling that broke when being tumbled.
      We all enjoyed the warm weather, water and experience.  The Equinox detectors performed as hoped.
      Used Beach Mode #1, GB on, open screen by pushing the Horseshoe, SENS around 17 to 19 and Threshold so I can hear it.  All other settings were FP.
      What amazes me is the gold to modern metal ratio.  The resorts I hunt used to produce more gold than modern metals and now it has flipped.  in years past, I'd come back with 15 or 20 gold rings on a weeks hunt and never a modern Stainless or Tungsten.  Now it seems I'll get more of them than I actually do the gold ones?  Well the wife still likes going down there so I might as well get used to it and realize 5, 6 and 7 Gold ring days are long gone at those places.  Guess I'll jump into a lake and follow BeechNut around as his gold ring counts are still good.