Nox 800 Hard Case , Looking For ?

KD0CAC

With going to a sporting goods store , or before , looking a hard case , will need to do checked baggage for plane trip ?

Here is the (US) Federal Aviation Administration flyer.  My interpretation is that for domestic US flight you may either carry on or check-in (for cargo hold) your Minelab Equinox since the Lithium battery is installed in the device.  If you're going to check-in your detector, I would remove the control head and carry it on anyway, to prevent damage by gorilla baggage handlers.  A hard shell case is an option for check-in of the entire (mostly disassembled) detector.  Note that the lowest shaft section is the most difficult to fit into a hardshell case (i.e. requires an extra large case) but, again, you don't need to pack it in the hardshell case, even if the rest of your equipment is in the case.  Here's an example of a hardshell case which will hold your Eqx 800 (and more), except not the lowest shaft section.  (Not sure about the 12 in. x15 in. optional coil, either.)  Larger cases are available -- for a higher price, of course.

• Like 1

You link to the hard case reminded me I had one , Pelican , that was holding in storage a spare ham radio , pulled out and all fit in , but it is too big & heavy , but it will be able to keep the Nox safe for the trip back , till I can find one that suits Goldilocks - smaller & lighter .

So still looking ?

11 hours ago, glabelle said:

I looked at a bow case on craigslist , did not get there in time to see if it fit .

Your link looks like it should fit assembled .

Have to checkout when back from this trip .