Under Water Headphones For The Simplex ....

I will be taking the Simplex swimming this summer, and looked into some underwater headphones.  N/M makes UW phones for the Kruzer and Anfibio,

and they will also work on the Simplex.  On some of the forums some of the owners of the N/M  UW phones mentioned they are not loud enough.

I ran into the same issue with the nox phones from Minelab.  Too quiet for my 60 yr old ears. I ended up getting some LS Pelso phones and they had nice volume.

But I sold them along with the nox last year.   I checked with kellyco who is a distributor for Pelso, and they did not know if Pelso made the UW phones for 

The Simplex, Kruzer and Anfibio.  I went on Ebay. and sure enough there was one set for the Simplex that the manufacturer in Hungary had listed. 

Cost $94 with one week shipping.  Well they arrived today.  I plugged them into the Simplex, turned it on, still had the volume in the machine cranked up to 4, swept a quarter past the coil, and my head almost exploded. 🤢!!  I turned the volume down in the Simplex to 1, and the volume is just right for me now.

If you need a louder set of UW phones, check out the Pelso brand. A nice snug fit, good quality as well.   HH & Swimming.

• Like 3