Another Hello From New Zealand

Coilpower

Hi All from Pokeno,  New Zealand. Introducing myself first.Retired and rather reclusive, I hunt mainly beaches, relic, dirt and mud, and a little water hunting. We live rural and I use a Tarsacci MDT8000 95% time and an XP Deus  Still have AT Pro and and XTerra 705 for friends, visitors and the odd swing. Sold all other detectors I have had over the years. Steve has grown a great forum which I have followed on and off over the years and gotten to know, so I hope to contribute to our mutual hobby as well in a small way. 

I changed my avataar to a NZ Womens Service badge to honour the following; 

During World War II women worked at 'men's' work to free up over 200,000 men to serve in the armed forces. They were encouraged to "do their bit" for the war effort - from manufacturing uniforms, equipment and weaponry; to working in factories and on farms, trams and the railways. They also served in the Air Force, Army and Navy in Europe and the Pacific. Whereas in September 1939 the female labour force was estimated at 180,000, by December 1943 there were 228,000 women employed at the homefront and 8000 in the armed forces.  (See NZETC: No easy victory)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Coilpower,

Welcome, great to have you! Thanks for the intro!👍👍

Apparently there are lots of silver coins laying around down there. If you start posting about them too you might start a migration 😀

Lol! We've already had the Gold migration! No.....not the Silver! More like we migrate to France or USA with all your higher end rings and jewellery!!!😂

On 2/1/2020 at 4:51 PM, phrunt said:

Welcome Coilpower! I had to look up where Pokeno was 🙂

It'll be good to hear how you go with the Tarsacci on the black sands up that way. 

Pokeno, famous for icecream at a dairy of all things 😄

1 minute ago, phrunt said:

I'm a bit ignorant to all things NZ 🙂 I spent most of my life in Australia...  From what I can see  the North Island doesn't exist to those on the South Island, and the same goes the other way 😄

It does feel like that sometimes, although I do like traveling around the South Island, just a nice change from up here.

18 hours ago, maimas said:

Pokeno, famous for icecream at a dairy of all things 😄

The BIGGEST ice creams too!!! 

20200214_112653-1.jpg

• Like 1

Nobody beats our ice cream store 3 blocks away, as theirs is made the same way for the past 55 years. It is also much cheaper than that.