Tarsacci MDT Jan Finds

Thought id post my finds from Jan.    Dec was a bust for me ... just one gold which was odd compared to other years.   Normally Oct, Nov or Dec id have one good month with a high count of gold.   Could be the cooler weather.... because its not been warm enough for people to want to get in the water.    Some good stuff to test a machine on...... tiny earring,  that 18K ..... size 2 small ring, and the open peace ring.   I seem to be dialing in pretty good on what a target is now.    To me in AM almost no iffy targets...... weak but i can tell its a target over just a mineral pop which is very fast... but might be longer on other machines giving that iffy signal.   Running so hot i get a lot more jumpy digits.... you almost have to hold the detector on the target with a brief wiggle.   But im more concerned about is it a tone lower than a high tone.   DEEP pulls ..... say in the 8" range often upscale .... as high as 26 digit... a quarter reads 21.    Iron on the surface or big iron can wrap around ...... 27 to 30ish.   In all honesty i could pass most high pings.    Ive only seen one ring come in at 12..... a penny reads 13 air testing.  Most machines on a cross or a broken ring like that peace ring might have a broken tone.   Not on this machine in AM...... them may sound smaller.

IMG_0323.JPG

• Like 9

Heres a little better picture of the stones on that dangle.    This is why i like keeping that coil low and digging the small gold.... and why i keep trying to find that perfect water machine that gets smaller gold in the water. 

IMG_0321.JPG

• Like 1

Unfortunately Steve you know how that goes..... seems fewer and fewer are willing to post anything anymore.   I hesitate myself..... with two clubs in the area and a couple of S. Fl FB pages.  On line sites like Ring Finders can get more looking at your finds as well.   It hurts to have a give back..... since many dont seem to appreciate it.  Like most i like the single life out there lol.   Not that i mind other people showing me the gold that day.... well as long as they dont tell me i walked over it lol.    I posted most of my gold finds last year.   I have no dog in the sale of these machines....... i just like the machine where i use it.   Couldnt tell ya a thing about how it works in the dirt. .... only how i might run it.    Even Demitar has told me this isnt a perfect machine...... but which one is?   We just find a good machine..... the wring the best out of it.    I had mentioned i had an increase of 7% over last year with Dec only bringing in 1 gold.    BUT..... i forgot i didnt get the machine until the 24th of Jan....... so that percentage likely is close to 10%.   Im good with any machine that gives me 10%.   I cant wait to see how you do with the new AQ since you know PIs best.   Ill definitely be watching your every post.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff Dew! Love the indian! 

Be interesting to see how you do with the "AQ" ......also ..........if you have a improvement over the MDT...

So you use the MDT all the time now? I guess the fact it has discrimination the Excalibur and Nox would not be needed. And it seems to be deeper..

Me.....I don't see the "AQ" getting anymore gold then the Excalibur here because the Excalibur will be the one that I do reconn with and evaluate if I need the "AQ" at that spot. Going to be a lot of time spent nailing the right combo and I think that will be the determining factor in my end of year totals. 

The MDT has the depth and doesnt seem to retain its depth both in and out of the water.....thats a big deal to me.    LOVE the Xcal, but you know the problems i have with repairs on them....... constant.    I dont believe the Nox is getting anymore depth on the Xcal when in PP mode....... and the Xcal runs quieter out there.   The Nox does have a FAST..... very fast recovery, but sometimes to me the tones are just to short especially for a near target.    Lets face it thou ........ if any of the machines get over an 8" target its going to hit it.   So ..... both of us are looking at the AQ for more depth........ but its still going to have to give enough disc for us to put down the MDT or Xcal.   Ive got a couple of beaches here that has suddenly become small iron ridden....... just really happened this year.    The Nox does well with it but  there seems to be a lot of mineral concentration as well....... maybe some of that GRAY heavily mineralzed mud is making up the hard pan.    So ...... the Nox is chatty.    The MDT when you are out there neck deep can be time consuming to check if its an iron target.   So im thinking of grabbing up my Xcal for this beach...... its still got a good recovery in PP and a lot of depth ..... AND runs fairly quiet.   Its nice to have choices ...... before it was the  Xcal or CZ.    As long as we have been using the Xcal and now my MDT i dont seem to much problem in figuring out ..... WHERE the AQ will fit......IF it will fit.    I dont have nearly the hard pan you have and you said you can get a heavy gold ring at over a foot.........mine is more the depth of the sand..... even with the AQ will i get to the targets and will it be a time waster trying to ID them?    IF ML would revamp the Xcal....... you know we both would use them.  I just love the simplicity of it in PP mode.   BUT..... if seems they are more into multi use now than niche.   I still dont think many of the companies are making water machines......... they are making machines that can work in the salt water..... not the same.  Maybe the AQ will change that.

• Like 2

Dew you're killing it!  Do you sell your gold?  I know some keep it all, and others sell it as fast as they find it, just curious.

We have a local beach hunter here that exchanged all of his broken gold he'd been hoarding (broken rings, rings with no stones,  things like that) and he had so much that the smelter traded him 68 oz of gold, 6 ten oz bars and 8 one oz ingots, so he must've had a heap of scrap gold to trade.

Nice finds Dew!

MDT has done well for you,  definitely a good gold jewelry finder.

i know you have good success with the xcal,  that is a good oldie.  Here in my area,  BBS doesn’t do so well in our fresh water black sand.  It does do well with out west coast wet sand though, unfortunately inland rivers or lakes black sand effects depth.

Thats were the Tarsacci does well, probably our best west coast water detector both fresh water and ocean wet sand.

Congratulations, hope the new year brings your continuous success.

Paul

Cal..... i sold a lot of gold when it got to like $1900.   I sound about $3000 just awhile back.   BUT.... that was just easy to let go gold to pay for one of those AQ if we ever see one.    Ive still got a pretty good stash.... and everything with a stone, chains, crosses i think.   Those are hard to let go of..... especially when you get um appraised for like $18,000 and the guy offers you $3500 .... as he says all day long.    No different than when i dirt hunted..... ive still got all the old silver and relics.   Likely junk to my kids lol.   I know ARA will melt your gold and send you bars or round balls of gold if thats the way you want it rather than money...... you just pay for the melting.  

Paul it really has.   Ive been impressed with it..... you just dont get the feeling you are loosing depth the longer you hunt like some machines.    Funny thing is id been hunting a beach lately that had a LOT of round iron pushed up and wanted to do a quick hunt there when i didnt have to do a lot of time consuming TID.   So i grabbed the Xcal since it hates iron.   I have to admit it took me some time to retrain my ear in PP mode.  Ive been using the MDT so long now it seemed noisy if you can believe that.    Last few months have been strange..... Dec one gold..... then Jan i did very well..... here we are in Feb again one gold thus far.   The beaches are target quiet..... except for the pushed up iron for some reason.   Last hunt i got 1 penny, 2 pull tabs, NO foil, and a SS ring.  My hunting buddy did no better that day.   This was a long beach we hit hard for a good 5 hours.   IF its there the machine does well finding it.   I have no regrets buying this machine at all.    THOU .... i have made some suggestions on what id like to have changed.  Problem with that is ....... this isnt just a beach machine..... dirt and beach guys tend to have a different WISH list lol.

I had to edit this today..... why because gold just hit $1633.  Thats a real increase over the past 3 years or so.   Its something to watch for those of you with piles of yellow.   Many missed out on the last surge to nearly $1900.  What it did do..... it increased beach hunters.   We have seen an interest in beach machine...... like the Nox and MDT.   We know Fisher is still working on the AQ.   Beach hunting maybe a niche........ but id dare say with these machines now coming or out and increased gold prices more companies may move toward salt water machines..... rather than machine that CAN work in the water.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice variety of Au digs Dew.  The 14K white gold band must be a common design as I've scooped a few and yes..most are 10+ grams.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pics.