Macro Gold Racer Coil Problem

I scrape the crap out of mine that’s why I have to use a Persplex coil cover... and I have also used mine to beat down plenty of grass and flip rocks out of the way,,,, 

no time to be nice when there’s gold to be had!!!!!

If they break we get another one

• Like 1

Mine broke because I snagged it on a log in the woods and it was in the low 20's F out so I am sure the cold makes them bit more brittle. Tapping into things and scraping shouldn't hurt them.

13 minutes ago, kac said:

Mine broke because I snagged it on a log in the woods and it was in the low 20's F out so I am sure the cold makes them bit more brittle. Tapping into things and scraping shouldn't hurt them.

Are you using a Gold Racer?

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I tend to agree with the cold seems to make them a bit more brittle, I broke a Gold Monster Coil in the cold in a situation it would never have broken in normal air temperatures.

20180704_073539.jpg

So, is everyone saying this kind of crack in a Makro coil is normal for cold weather? (Monster/Gold Racer)

I am trying to avoid responses about any other coils please.

Epoxy used in coils is not flexible for a reason because if it was and was allowed to flex the coil would constantly go wonky and machine would sound off every time it was bumped. I didn't realize how little movement is needed to be out of balance until mine cracked.

I just had my 10" DD do the overload and falsing. Also, it cut out all together. I heard that the wire where it meets the coil can be an issue. I wiggled it there and yep, that's where it was. I wrapped the wire around the other direction around the shaft and it worked. I was able to use it. 

Now, does this mean I should be looking towards this coil dying now too.?

So, the coil was overloading, then, falsing, then completely stopped transmitting. No sound, unable to ground balance, ground balance numbers frozen. I lift the coil to eye level, then gently move the coil front to back maybe 1/2" and it transmits on then off. I velcroed it in place in the working direction and it stayed working. I hope that I can keep it running for a while. Seems a wire may have already separated... I'm missing that small coil, it was a trash sniper. 

I figure this is part of the learning curve. Sometimes it costs to get experience.