GPZ Won't Ground Balance With Ferrite. Solutions?

JP and Flak

I have remembered this procedure (in a little less detail) from a previous posting and I seem to balance out the ferrite well.

You may have answered a question for me about other detectors that 'sound off' when making a turn on gridding.  I've noticed most on the 3030 a false signal when returning (turning 180 degrees) on a grid line.  Maybe this is the detector 'coupled' to the ground and when it gets raised it falses.

I haven't noticed it on the Z but it may do it and just not sound off.  Maybe a wider turn is better?

Mitchel

I don't understand why you guys are so confused about the little 'ring of confidence'.

When I bought my 7000 it worked just fine, although I had friends that had all sorts of problems. Dumb drongos. Poor old Minelab had to then bring out this little ringy thingy gadget so that these poor folk could get their heavy expensive wonder toy to behave. They patiently explained that all you had to do was a little figure eight spider dance about the magic ring while reciting a prayer to the Great God of Nuggets and being careful not to get your coil 'saturated'. Using the 'cripple stick' would also give you coil control, an absolute imperative in nugget finding success. Still not happy, with such an obvious solution to a problem that the manufacturer insisted did not exist, Minelab with infinite patience provided a plug in software update that made their super gadget even better, but screwed up some of the earlier features.

Full marks to Minelab for not being blunt enough to just tell all those complaining pains in the butt to go whistle dixy.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

In GB semi-auto it keeps the iron track constant and locked in on the ferrite. In my experience, this helps greatly when hunting in grounds that have highly variable mineralization with high and low iron contents in close proximity

One day you'll post something nice about Minelab Reg and it'll be one of two things...you're on your death bed trying to make good with god or your accounts been hacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

I don't understand why you guys are so confused about the little 'ring of confidence'.

When I bought my 7000 it worked just fine, although I had friends that had all sorts of problems. Dumb drongos. Poor old Minelab had to then bring out this little ringy thingy gadget so that these poor folk could get their heavy expensive wonder toy to behave. They patiently explained that all you had to do was a little figure eight spider dance about the magic ring while reciting a prayer to the Great God of Nuggets and being careful not to get your coil 'saturated'. Using the 'cripple stick' would also give you coil control, an absolute imperative in nugget finding success. Still not happy, with such an obvious solution to a problem that the manufacturer insisted did not exist, Minelab with infinite patience provided a plug in software update that made their super gadget even better, but screwed up some of the earlier features.

Full marks to Minelab for not being blunt enough to just tell all those complaining pains in the butt to go whistle dixy.

I have seen firsthand the above somewhat involved setup, Reg has portrayed humorously, turn users against the Z because of  "all sorts of problems", when really next to the SDC it is the easiest gold machine to use, it is basically a turn on and go machine. If users get to use it as most used the auto GB VLFs and PIs before it in manual GB for search with use of the QT button with simply a few pumps up and down when it is heard to have the GB "out", they will master this magic detector more, improving their finds with even deeper gold recovery then it achieves in  the tracking modes. Regardless of the manuals "rhetoric" manual GB is the go for max returns also in the noisier ground the same as it was in all MLs GB tracking gold detectors before it.

Don`t believe this then try it on one of those flogged out patches, get the hang of manual gbing and you will only turn back to auto/semi when you want to fly over the ground. But turn off those pesky notifications.

For me Reg, your post was the first Z critical post you`ve written that is very constructive and outlines the major reason the Z was discarded by some users. That Colgate Ring of Confidence dig had me rolling on the floor.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2