Minelab Vanquish 3 Days On The Beach In So. California

abenson

Thanks for the great report. Your experiences are just like mine. The Vanquish really is a good performing entry level detector.  I would pick it over many of the detectors I've owned (most were not entry level BTW) especially for its rock solid numerical target IDs at depth on quality targets, simplicity and good ergonomics. I definitely would not pick it over an Equinox or XP for target separation in heavily trashed iron and aluminum areas where target masking could be a serious issue. The Vanquish will see multiple targets under the coil as one target with a large circumference and very jumpy numbers, even a coin spill. If iron is discriminated out and one of those multiple targets is same level or close by iron, it may skip the targets entirely. Otherwise, it punches way over its weight as a low cost, quick grab and go, store it in the car, loaner, beginner or secondary high mineralization area detector (even prospecting with the smaller coils) and as an excellent salt water beach detector.

Jeff

• Like 9