My New Steelphase 01

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys,

Well I only got the use a Steelphase for about 2 trips on my GPZ 7000.  I can't keep them in stock here in the US for the most part.  They sell very well and seem to be the best signal enhancer out there at least for the Minelab GPX, SDC 2300 & GPZ 7000.  As Pat mentioned, you can use it on other manufactures as well.  

If anyone is looking, I have a few left from the last batch, but they will go quickly.  

https://www.robsdetectors.com/steelphase-audio-enhancer-nenad/

Rob

• Like 2

I will not detect with my 7000 without it, it's made that much of a difference.
(okay, I might detect without it but you know what I mean - it's really good)

• Like 1

Here is what I would like to see. An SPO1 that also has a built-in speaker and the wireless capabilities to just hook up to the 7000 and ProSonic. I would like to use my SP01 more often but I just don’t like having the WM 12 with a cord to an SP01 with a cord to a speaker.  In my opinion it just gets to be too much.  Same when i would use it with my pro sonic hook up to the SDC.  I’m not an electrician by any means but would it really be that hard to add those two things? Even if it was a little bigger it would be better than having all the corded mess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Here is what I would like to see. An SPO1 that also has a built-in speaker and the wireless capabilities to just hook up to the 7000 and ProSonic. I would like to use my SP01 more often but I just don’t like having the WM 12 with a cord to an SP01 with a cord to a speaker.  In my opinion it just gets to be too much.  Same when i would use it with my pro sonic hook up to the SDC.  I’m not an electrician by any means but would it really be that hard to add those two things? Even if it was a little bigger it would be better than having all the corded mess.

Yeah he can add Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with a speaker and now the SP01 will cost $399.00 and be a bit larger too ...... I got mine from Rob's for $199.00 and is very small and light.

Works like a dream and I don't wear headphones anymore.

IMG_20200523_123341.jpg

25 minutes ago, MannyScoot said:

Yeah he can add Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with a speaker and now the SP01 will cost $399.00 and be a bit larger too ...... I got mine from Rob's for $199.00 and is very small and light.

Works like a dream and I don't wear headphones anymore.

IMG_20200523_123341.jpg

Well it’s 200 for a WM12 and 200 for an SP01 so i guess that price is a wash. 🤣🤣

That would be an interesting concept though could you just take the electronics from inside a WM 12 and add it to the SP01?  I wish I knew how to do those kinds of things LOL

3 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Well it’s 200 for a WM12 and 200 for an SP01 so i guess that price is a wash. 🤣🤣

The SP01 is definitely not a WM12...... Way different it actually assist with signals by choosing filters that change a frequency and sound ........ It's a cool little box.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think for that he'd have to be employed by Minelab.  🙂 They could just hire him to make the WM13 to replace the WM12.  With a built in SP01 into the WM12 so then when the speakers get plugged into the WM12 they have the benefits of the SP01, and if you use the built in WM12 speaker it also has the benefits to a degree, they'd probably need to use a better speaker in it though.  ahh if only we lived in an ideal world.    Even if it was an optional accessory, I'd buy it!

I get annoyed by all the cords just as much as the next guy, I hate cords dangling everywhere so I made my cords custom size so they fit exactly where I need them to on the harness.  Helps with the mess of cords a bit but I guess one of the big things I liked about the GPZ was getting rid of all the cords I had on the GPX, I got a taste of that when I got the QED, completely cord free. So using the SP01 on it adds a bunch of cords back on.    In my ideal world the GPZ would be a bit lighter as I love using it with no harness, no cords, just the detector and the WM12, I do that on my lazy days where I can't be bothered getting all rigged up and other than the weight it's an enjoyable experience.  So that's when a WM12 with built in SP01 would be perfect. 

I got shorter cables from Coiltek......no more dangling heavy cables......