My New Steelphase 01

15 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It's a fact that you hear electrical interference, EMI, with your ears. Your ears are on your head, so the EMI is probably coming though your head into your ears. So the only solution is to put the foil where it will really help. :smile:

Tin Foil Hat photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors ...

I know a few people who would actually do this 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

The GPZ even with it's plastic housing is much better for EMI than the GPX, I have to be right at the power lines to be bothered.

Like I said the bulk of the EMI is coming in via the coil, the shielding on the GPX control box is already VERY good thanks to the aluminium extrusion, but the overall electronics are not as refined as the GPZ hence the big difference in the 2 around the high Voltage Power lines in your area. The power lines also gather and channel a heck of a lot of Sferic noise which the GPX machines are very susceptible to, Sferic noise is all the garbled non-rhythm like sounds, fences and telephone cables are notorious for channeling this stuff, the longer the line the greater the effect.

The Booster should put out very little EMI unless it is right up against the control box, far less than a mobile phone for instance. I know the B&Z puts out nil anyway.

JP

• Like 3

I sort of figured the GPZ build took EMI into account but it's always interesting to hear it verified. Thanks all.

17 hours ago, SteelPhase said:

I know a few people who would actually do this 🤣🤣🤣

(puts down tin foil hat halfway made), you mean it won't work?

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...