Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That would be an interesting concept though could you just take the electronics from inside a WM 12 and add it to the SP01?  I wish I knew how to do those kinds of things LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think for that he'd have to be employed by Minelab.  🙂 They could just hire him to make the WM13 to replace the WM12.  With a built in SP01 into the WM12 so then when the speakers get plugged into the WM12 they have the benefits of the SP01, and if you use the built in WM12 speaker it also has the benefits to a degree, they'd probably need to use a better speaker in it though.  ahh if only we lived in an ideal world.    Even if it was an optional accessory, I'd buy it!

I get annoyed by all the cords just as much as the next guy, I hate cords dangling everywhere so I made my cords custom size so they fit exactly where I need them to on the harness.  Helps with the mess of cords a bit but I guess one of the big things I liked about the GPZ was getting rid of all the cords I had on the GPX, I got a taste of that when I got the QED, completely cord free. So using the SP01 on it adds a bunch of cords back on.    In my ideal world the GPZ would be a bit lighter as I love using it with no harness, no cords, just the detector and the WM12, I do that on my lazy days where I can't be bothered getting all rigged up and other than the weight it's an enjoyable experience.  So that's when a WM12 with built in SP01 would be perfect. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted that at the exact same time 🙂 great minds think a-like huh 🙂

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Well it’s 200 for a WM12 and 200 for an SP01 so i guess that price is a wash. 🤣🤣

The SP01 is definitely not a WM12...... Way different it actually assist with signals by choosing filters that change a frequency and sound ........ It's a cool little box.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think for that he'd have to be employed by Minelab.  🙂 They could just hire him to make the WM13 to replace the WM12.  With a built in SP01 into the WM12 so then when the speakers get plugged into the WM12 they have the benefits of the SP01, and if you use the built in WM12 speaker it also has the benefits to a degree, they'd probably need to use a better speaker in it though.  ahh if only we lived in an ideal world.    Even if it was an optional accessory, I'd buy it!

I get annoyed by all the cords just as much as the next guy, I hate cords dangling everywhere so I made my cords custom size so they fit exactly where I need them to on the harness.  Helps with the mess of cords a bit but I guess one of the big things I liked about the GPZ was getting rid of all the cords I had on the GPX, I got a taste of that when I got the QED, completely cord free. So using the SP01 on it adds a bunch of cords back on.    In my ideal world the GPZ would be a bit lighter as I love using it with no harness, no cords, just the detector and the WM12, I do that on my lazy days where I can't be bothered getting all rigged up and other than the weight it's an enjoyable experience.  So that's when a WM12 with built in SP01 would be perfect. 

I got shorter cables from Coiltek......no more dangling heavy cables......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the idea of wireless incorporated but there isn't that much room. Plus then the case couldn't be completely aluminium unless there was an external antenna. There are ways around the antenna issue using different cables but then there is the issue of non standard cables. 

On the GPX I use the Quest WireFree Mate system which is so small its not really noticeable. The only other thing I use is a slimline battery that is yet to be released........🙄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SteelPhase said:

On the GPX I use the Quest WireFree Mate system which is so small its not really noticeable. The only other thing I use is a slimline battery that is yet to be released........🙄

Yes, the battery!!!! 🙂 I want.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MannyScoot said:

The SP01 is definitely not a WM12...... Way different it actually assist with signals by choosing filters that change a frequency and sound ........ It's a cool little box.....

No i ment 200 for each makes 400.  So 400 for a single unit is a wash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteelPhase said:

Love the idea of wireless incorporated but there isn't that much room. Plus then the case couldn't be completely aluminium unless there was an external antenna. There are ways around the antenna issue using different cables but then there is the issue of non standard cables. 

On the GPX I use the Quest WireFree Mate system which is so small its not really noticeable. The only other thing I use is a slimline battery that is yet to be released........🙄

Glad you love the idea!  Please please please try to make it happen.  WM12/SP01 all one unit Hell yeah!  (And able to switch frequencies to work with the Pro-Sonic too) 🤣🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Steelphase SP01 for my GPZ 7000. I love it... It sure quiets up the sounds from the detector, and only allows targets to get through, faint targets were passed through and amplified with no problem...

Dave

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By canoe
      Since I am new here, I wanted my first post(other that the meet and greet post) to hopefully be a contribution and perhaps help a few folks.
      One of the most annoying things when using a corded set of headphones is catching the cord on brush and whatever else it might be attracted to. Well, I recently discovered there was such a thing as wireless headphones but could not find any that I thought I would be satisfied with, so with some research, this is what I came up with.
      I bought a Taotronics blue tooth transmitter $29.95, a set of Cowen noise canceling low latency blue tooth headphones $59.99 and a Moborest 1/4" male to 1/8" female stereo adapter $9.98(2 to a pkg). Plugged adapter into my MXT, plugged transmitter into adapter, turned everything on including MXT, followed simple directions for pairing trans. to headphones and low and behold I now have wireless headphones for my detector.
      I put a small square of sticky back velcro on the transmitter(which is very small) and the another on the side of the machine and just stuck them together, to hold the trans. in place. The trans. can always be unplugged and remover if warranted.
      I found everything on Amazon.
      This may be old knowledge to some but I maybe there are a few folks this info. will help.
      Anyway, glad to be here and hope this will help someone.
      Su Amigo, Canoe
       
       
    • By Jin
      Plug in a booster/headphones into the WM12 (Gpz7000) or plug it directly into the 7000??
      Obviously, wire-free would be more convenient but would the signal be clearer/stronger going hardwired?
      (I'm not concerned about the minute bit of lag when using a wireless system)
      Thought i would ask before testing this on my next trip.
    • By shockwave2020
      Hopefully someone can help me. I have an Equinox 600 that I can pair my earbuds to but I hear no sound. The earbuds are paired as Bluetooth + as indicated on the machine. I have tried other earbuds with the same problem. I have reset the machine multiple times. I am using Soundpeats Q12HD earbuds. I am at a loss. Thanks
    • By Voyager32
      Does anyone know what the waterproof plug Nokta uses for the headphones is, I have a pair of Tony Eisenhower headphones for my Nox 600 and want to convert them to Nokta, they are much more comfortable than the Nokta waterproof’s, Thanks
    • By Paddyspurs
      Hi all, and thanks for letting me join. 
      I know this has been asked previously but I was recommended (by another forum user) to get a pair of AptxLL Qualcomm headphones to use with my 600. The ones I went for were August EP640 4.1, which is the same ones the user said works perfectly for.
      Ok, charged them up, switched on 600, switched on headphones to search for BT. No joy, tired it every way but alas, no luck. Two strange things, I can connect a pair of crappy standard headphones in a few seconds to the 600 but the lag and sound is so crappy it's a non-runner. I can also connect my EP640s to my phone , laptop and tablet in seconds. But not my 600. I sent him a message to ask what his experience with them was, he replied that he couldn't understand as his connected easily.   Help!
      Has anyone any answers/tips/reasons?
      Many thanks in advance. (Paddyspurs)
    • By Mark Gillespie
      The microphone on my grandsons head set stopped working so his mother bought him a new set.  I got the hand me down to use for listening to music. But thought I'd try something this morning.  Combining with my WM 08 I found the most perfect combination to date.  Great sound quality, blocks out the outside noise and feels great.  The best combination to date.  Very light weight and the head strap is angled to reduce fatigue on the ears.  And no 1/4 to 1/8" adapter needed.  Zero lag time of course. 



×
×
  • Create New...