That would be an interesting concept though could you just take the electronics from inside a WM 12 and add it to the SP01?  I wish I knew how to do those kinds of things LOL

• Like 1

I think for that he'd have to be employed by Minelab.  🙂 They could just hire him to make the WM13 to replace the WM12.  With a built in SP01 into the WM12 so then when the speakers get plugged into the WM12 they have the benefits of the SP01, and if you use the built in WM12 speaker it also has the benefits to a degree, they'd probably need to use a better speaker in it though.  ahh if only we lived in an ideal world.    Even if it was an optional accessory, I'd buy it!

I get annoyed by all the cords just as much as the next guy, I hate cords dangling everywhere so I made my cords custom size so they fit exactly where I need them to on the harness.  Helps with the mess of cords a bit but I guess one of the big things I liked about the GPZ was getting rid of all the cords I had on the GPX, I got a taste of that when I got the QED, completely cord free. So using the SP01 on it adds a bunch of cords back on.    In my ideal world the GPZ would be a bit lighter as I love using it with no harness, no cords, just the detector and the WM12, I do that on my lazy days where I can't be bothered getting all rigged up and other than the weight it's an enjoyable experience.  So that's when a WM12 with built in SP01 would be perfect. 

• Like 2

Posted that at the exact same time 🙂 great minds think a-like huh 🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Well it’s 200 for a WM12 and 200 for an SP01 so i guess that price is a wash. 🤣🤣

The SP01 is definitely not a WM12...... Way different it actually assist with signals by choosing filters that change a frequency and sound ........ It's a cool little box.....

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think for that he'd have to be employed by Minelab.  🙂 They could just hire him to make the WM13 to replace the WM12.  With a built in SP01 into the WM12 so then when the speakers get plugged into the WM12 they have the benefits of the SP01, and if you use the built in WM12 speaker it also has the benefits to a degree, they'd probably need to use a better speaker in it though.  ahh if only we lived in an ideal world.    Even if it was an optional accessory, I'd buy it!

I get annoyed by all the cords just as much as the next guy, I hate cords dangling everywhere so I made my cords custom size so they fit exactly where I need them to on the harness.  Helps with the mess of cords a bit but I guess one of the big things I liked about the GPZ was getting rid of all the cords I had on the GPX, I got a taste of that when I got the QED, completely cord free. So using the SP01 on it adds a bunch of cords back on.    In my ideal world the GPZ would be a bit lighter as I love using it with no harness, no cords, just the detector and the WM12, I do that on my lazy days where I can't be bothered getting all rigged up and other than the weight it's an enjoyable experience.  So that's when a WM12 with built in SP01 would be perfect. 

I got shorter cables from Coiltek......no more dangling heavy cables......

• Like 1

Love the idea of wireless incorporated but there isn't that much room. Plus then the case couldn't be completely aluminium unless there was an external antenna. There are ways around the antenna issue using different cables but then there is the issue of non standard cables. 

On the GPX I use the Quest WireFree Mate system which is so small its not really noticeable. The only other thing I use is a slimline battery that is yet to be released........🙄

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SteelPhase said:

On the GPX I use the Quest WireFree Mate system which is so small its not really noticeable. The only other thing I use is a slimline battery that is yet to be released........🙄

Yes, the battery!!!! 🙂 I want.

8 hours ago, MannyScoot said:

The SP01 is definitely not a WM12...... Way different it actually assist with signals by choosing filters that change a frequency and sound ........ It's a cool little box.....

No i ment 200 for each makes 400.  So 400 for a single unit is a wash

3 hours ago, SteelPhase said:

Love the idea of wireless incorporated but there isn't that much room. Plus then the case couldn't be completely aluminium unless there was an external antenna. There are ways around the antenna issue using different cables but then there is the issue of non standard cables. 

Glad you love the idea!  Please please please try to make it happen.  WM12/SP01 all one unit Hell yeah!  (And able to switch frequencies to work with the Pro-Sonic too) 🤣🤣

• Like 1

I have the Steelphase SP01 for my GPZ 7000. I love it... It sure quiets up the sounds from the detector, and only allows targets to get through, faint targets were passed through and amplified with no problem...

Dave

• Like 2