Pulse Devil, Part Two

Hello Steve,

Seen this this morning,  Good of Tom to share what he can.

Reading between the lines, sounds like a deep model in good soil with audio ID.  But yet to be tested in tough soil, And recovery speed seems slower than Tarsacci. That’s what I’m reading between the lines, could be wrong.

I like the fact this prototype will discriminate iron (audio) at great depths, something the Tarsacci and a GPX lack. 

Tarsacci is and will still be a main contender, it’s quick recovery speed in iron and great depth in poor soil is amazing. 

Looking forward to hearing more on this prototype, is it a Pi/VLF?  Let’s hope so, our hobby continues to be interesting.

Paul

2 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Cygnus? From what I know....It's still coming, but with possible delays.

Doubtful it has anything to do with Cygnus based on what Tom describes.  It is not even close to what the Cygnus crowd is promising in regards to being able to differentiate between mid-conductuve, non-ferrous trash (i.e., aluminum) and mid-conductive, non-ferrous treasure (i.e., gold) based on the arbitrary mid-conductive to high-conductive breakpoint he describes for that machine.  I suspect Cygnus is not a metal detector in the traditional sense of detecting and IDing targets via inductive properties of those targets.  Cygnus is probably AI-based learning of junk targets based on some type of GPR imaging technology.  That tech exists now and is mature, but not sure how they are able to package it for practical portability and reasonable cost.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alaskaseeker said:

Interesting, i didnt know that work was still being done on the PD...

All be it said, more than likely it is correct, but I think it is an assumption that it is the PD that Tom is describing on his forum. Enquiring minds want to know.🤔 Maybe at a latter date and time it will be made clear.