New XP Backpack 280, Is It Made For A Detectorist ?

Did you watch it???

It said so in the first line and then shows a bloke stuffing a detector into it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, madtuna said:

Did you watch it???

It said so in the first line and then shows a bloke stuffing a detector into it.

Yeah, but I thought a Minelab GPX 4500 would fit too .... But I got it anyway to stuff the ORX in it, that I also carry with me during detecting ..... two detectors are better than one .......

Nice looking backpack. Longest part is 24" so a GPX upper rod or CTX lower rod would not fit but that's not the pack's fault. Really made more for smaller VLF detectors. If I did not already have a pile of packs I might be tempted but at US$149.00 I'll pass.

Not my language but the video is very good....

• Like 2

Be nice for a hike up a creek/river, with a mini sluice, small pan and Gold Kruzer with 7" elliptical inside. 

I'm still using the old SD series camo backpack for this. Looking pretty ratty but zipper still works like new!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PhaseTech said:

Be nice for a hike up a creek/river, with a mini sluice, small pan and Gold Kruzer with 7" elliptical inside. 

I'm still using the old SD series camo backpack for this. Looking pretty ratty but zipper still works like new!

yeah man..... Why buy something new if what you have works great, this ain't no fashion show out by the creek ......

Just now, Gold Catcher said:

A combined bagpack/harness would be great. Haven't found one yet.

They got close, where the shovel is placed will take a large 24-30" inch pick and enough pockets for crevicing tools and GPS and phone and water.... It's not bad if it was just a bit larger it would hold a GPX perfect.....

Perhaps you could attach the bungee on the D ring that is on the front of the should strap. But it would not be ideal for a heavy detector. I wear a harness that also serves as suspenders and a bagpack on top of it. Not ideal. And falling down pants is a super anoying problem for me, having heavy digging tools attached on my belt including pick. Harness/bagpack/suspenders all in one would be best.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Perhaps you could attach the bungee on the D ring that is on the front of the should strap. But it would not be ideal for a heavy detector. I wear a harness that also serves as suspenders and a bagpack on top of it. Not ideal. And falling down pants is a super anoying problem for me, having heavy digging tools attached on my belt including pick. Harness/bagpack/suspenders all in one would be best.

I don't use a vest or anything, I just need a nice backpack so after (6) hours of detecting to break down the 4500 and to fit the lower arm and coil in it with the entire detector, battery and pick on and in the backpack ..... and walk two hours down the mountain back to the truck......

MVIMG_20191213_152312-01.jpeg

5419791_orig.jpg

IMG_20200205_153805.jpg

• Like 2