New XP Backpack 280, Is It Made For A Detectorist ?

13 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

A combined bagpack/harness would be great. Haven't found one yet.

I use a tactical backpack from Cabelas with the GPZ sliding harness attached room for 2 camel backs plus pick and a bunch of carabiners to attach anything else I want. Can send a picture later if you want to see.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In theory its a sexy looking piece of kit,but for 150 smackers they certainly wont be getting any of my money.Looks brilliant everything all clean and dandy but when you have used it and then having to pack it all away again at the end of the day and its cover in sh!t the bag is going to covered both inside and out and that super sexy look that is portrayed in the video will be no more.

I bought one of those large hitman style cases a few years back but in all the time that i have owned it a Deus has never been stored or transported in it,so its just sit her gathering dust,will probably adapt it for my camera equipment but for detecting it wont ever be used.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris Ben said:

I use a tactical backpack from Cabelas with the GPZ sliding harness attached room for 2 camel backs plus pick and a bunch of carabiners to attach anything else I want. Can send a picture later if you want to see.

Chris

Yeah man....Post a picture ...It will possibly will give me some new ideas and a new way to visualize a possible new project ......Thanks ....

Hands down the best packs I've owned are these:

https://eberlestock.com/products/gunslinger-ii 

They are covered in molly webbing so you can attach pouches to suit your needs and they are extremely configurable and expandable. I can carry my 7000 a spare 18in coil, 1100mm long HD pick, 6L of water and other supplies safely and securely even on a trail bike.

Well worth the money they cost.

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

Yeah, man. The XP Backpack 280 is really very comfortable and my detector fits this bag very well. I was a beginner in this domain and I was in doubt what device and accessories to buy. My friend who got me in that hobby shared with me Bright Camping where I found out which devices are the best and where are the lowest prices. When I've bought my first metal detector, at the nearest weekend I've gone on a trip to a forest looking for some precious metals. My wonder was huge when in the first hour I've found 20g gold jewelry.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:36 AM, Chris Ben said:

Can send a picture later if you want to see.

Chris, I want to see… thanks.

…and Dale that pack looks unbelievably functional.