Another Day In The Sierras

klunker

Good stuff!!

Man Klunker, You are a lucky son of a gun!  Not even a hint of surface rust either. Good thing we have that dry air in the Sierras that preserved it so well!   Now I just wish I had paid more attention to my arithmetic teacher!

• Haha 2

Well, well...... I really appreciate this post more than you can imagine Klunker...

As most of you know I am a mental health nurse, but some of you probably didnt know i was going for my PhD,

I have been struggling to find a topic for my thesis on Psychonomics, and here you have kindly dumped the topic right in my lap.

I would request a few sessions with you in order to understand better the  functionalism.. as we put the thesis together in as orderly fashion as we can.... assuming Torpedo would be involved.

I would like to thank you for giving me this perfect thesis topic to research further. a true topic of social psychology.

Paul Kirkeminde, RN,

And soon PhD.-----(Dr. of Detecctorists)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

What a cool find, Klunker. Mitchel N. and I were out in the high desert a while back, seeking yet more of the Most Happy Yellow Metal, and he found an old Holland & Holland 300 Mag belted cartridge case. These were often used to hunt elephants. The rule of thumb is you had to be within 80 yards of the elephant able to drop it cleanly, so using his rangefinder, we ranged around until we found a quantity of very old petrified elephant dung and a fossilized pool of elephant blood. We used the carbon dating app on his phone, and found that it dated to 1883. This corresponded to about the time when elephants were last seen in the California high desert. So I can appreciate the high tech science involved in your find. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

A gold star for deducing my "see the elephant" pun. But I gotta 'fess up, although Mitchell found the cartridge, we really didn't find any elephant remains. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I know it is Friday and a few people have already started drinking, but even this is making me want a couple pints of moonshine. Problem is all I have is a full gallon so that will have to do, never been that good at math while drinking so that will have to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1